Sway Bar Question

resqman911

Ok guys quick question.

A friend of mine installed manual disconnects on his Rubicon so he could run disconnected in 2wd when on trails that don't require 4wd. This didn't make sense to me because the whole point of disconnecting is to improve articulation which in turn keeps your front tires more firmly planted providing better traction while in 4wd. He says his ride is less harsh while disconnected. anyone else do this? heard of this?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on the trail you're on, I mean, if it's rocky and rutted out but not so bad that you need to be in 4LO, yeah, running disconnected will help smooth out (keep you from being thrown side to side) your ride. But of course, I prefer to run an EVO No Limits manual knob over sway bar link disconnects. Seems like it'd be a pain to disconnect links just to run around in 2WD.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
There are plenty of trails that could easily be run in 2WD benefit from a disconnected swaybar as it really smooths out the ride inside.

That said, of I wanted to add that capability to my Rubicon, I'd probably just look at the No Limits as Eddie mentioned. Super simple and removes all the headaches that can be assisted with quick disconnects.

Top Bottom