Sway bar shift after e-disco rotation

JKbrick

Mine is only doing it because the drag link is touching the now-flipped e-disco when I turn right. Without the spacers, it probably wouldn't touch anything. I might have to find a different solution for a relocation bracket so I can eliminate the spacers.

Or get the EVO manual knob, then that part goes away

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would say before you do the no limits is to flip your motor. Strizzchris did a VERY nice write up on how to flip it for the EVO 1/4 pounder. Try and look for the write up first that way you don't get rid of the creature comfort of pushing a button.

StrizzyChris

Is your axle centered? If you're running a lot of weight(bumper, stinger, winch, steel line, etc.) and on a soft set of coils like EVO plush rides, running less than 3" with a raised TB bracket and your axle MAY be too far to the pass side causing your issues with the sway bar. It will stay centered IF your axle is centered

StrizzyChris

I may be the odd man out, but I'd fix the issue with getting the sway bar centered and keep the motor. I love pushing a button from inside my Jeep and will only do the no limits when my swaybar motor goes out.

hydrohut

Looking at your photo you could perhaps also give the E-disco more flip to cure your problem. There are a couple of different spots your housing can end up in depending on the hole you chose to relocate the hanger bolt to. My plug on the E-disco housing ended up much higher and close to the radiator bottom tank compared to yours and Chrise's. Just might be the easy fix?

Coloradan

I may be the odd man out, but I'd fix the issue with getting the sway bar centered and keep the motor. I love pushing a button from inside my Jeep and will only do the no limits when my swaybar motor goes out.

I followed your write-up minus the drilling and just bought the Synergy bolt that fits nicely. Did you use the EVO vacuum relocation bracket? Without the spacers lowering the sway bar I don't think I'd have this problem. It's the drag link pushing the sway bar motor when turning. The axle is definitely centered.

Coloradan

Looking at your photo you could perhaps also give the E-disco more flip to cure your problem. There are a couple of different spots your housing can end up in depending on the hole you chose to relocate the hanger bolt to. My plug on the E-disco housing ended up much higher and close to the radiator bottom tank compared to yours and Chrise's. Just might be the easy fix?

Did you flip it towards the front of the Jeep? I thought about doing that but I didn't know if a winch would fit with it flipped forward.

Coloradan

If it's just the drag link clamp bolt ends hitting it, you can take them out and put them through the clamp going the opposite direction if that makes sense. Just do one at a time so the clamp doesn't turn and move your steering wheel setting. When I've adjusted my castor, I've had to flip the bolts around to keep them out of my hydro assist steering cooler depending on where they end up to straighten the wheel.

After closer inspection, the whole drag link contacts the motor at different parts of a right turn. I did try moving the bolts, but it didn't solve it.

hydrohut

Awesome, thanks for the help! I'll flip it that way tomorrow and see how it looks.
Hope it works for you. The only thing to be careful of is the cutting of the plastic cowl near the radiator, it's close to the fins. When it's all done it's a nice fit though and there is enough clearance. I Look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Hope it works for you. The only thing to be careful of is the cutting of the plastic cowl near the radiator, it's close to the fins. When it's all done it's a nice fit though and there is enough clearance. I Look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

I don't have that plastic on my 2012. Just a transmission line I think. Maybe just the older Rubicons had that.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yes I think I have read somewhere that on the later ones that pipe has to be shifted slightly.

I have the evo vacuum bracket and the spacers actually helped clear the line. But I have seen people bend it to clear.

Coloradan

Yes I think I have read somewhere that on the later ones that pipe has to be shifted slightly.

Successfully flipped it forward over lunch, and the EVO spacers did help to clear the line. Here's how it looks now, the electrical plug pushes on that line just a bit, but not badly. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408997359.160636.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1408997391.182385.jpg

Top Bottom