Swimsuit season=doorless and topless season

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Had the hard top off all weekend, mainly to test out the Lange hoist I got from a member of the forum. It hung from the ceiling all weekend without crashing to the floor:thumb:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427078649.162133.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427078672.259465.jpg

XJ_Amber96

Door kit for a cherokee

So I drive a 4 door Cherokee and I want to take the doors off this summer but I've heard that it will screw up the frame. Is this true or should I go for it? Hopefully there are some XJ guys on this thread who can help me a bit. Thanks!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
So I drive a 4 door Cherokee and I want to take the doors off this summer but I've heard that it will screw up the frame. Is this true or should I go for it? Hopefully there are some XJ guys on this thread who can help me a bit. Thanks!

You'll be fine, just don't cut the roof off:crazyeyes:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

There is a guy here who has an XJ and runs with his doors off most of the summer. I have not seen him around lately, but if I run into him again ill get some pics for you. He has had no issues running doorless.

tdijet

I've seen some people running doorless, but every one of them had frame stiffeners on their XJ's.

I've stiffened my frame and plan on doing the door mods later this year. I'm just not looking forward to dealing with my door wiring harness.

But as for going doorless on an XJ? I would not recommend unless you run stiffeners first.

Last edited:

dwmgcs

Had the top off and half doors on for quite awhile, been beautiful here in Oregon this winter but had to put the Bikini top and full doors for this first run of the season to keep the wife warm, lol. DSC02159.jpg

Petthefish

here in Oregon we are lucky to go topless at all lol but we managed a drive with the part of the top off a week back
Now its raining again :grayno:

kinda like getting flashed topless not long enough to enjoy it but just enough to get me excited for later in the year

16686355811_364f05d818_c.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Wow! 70+lbs from a single bolt? That's ballsy. My Harken Hoist has four points that connect and 2x6's to add additional support too.

It's a 3 inch long, 5/8 lag eyelet run into the truss. It's not going anywhere. :fingerscrossed:

Top Bottom