Synergy vs Rancho coil spring ride

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Would like some opinions/experience on this from members. And I understand that ride is subjective.
Also I have the spring rate data from both brands, but I think actual experience is important.
My current build ( Rubicon JLU) has original dynatrac endurosport lift(2”) paired with fox shocks. 3/4” spacer upfront. I have metal aftermarket front and rear bumpers, winch, and LOD sliders. Running 35” tires. For initial set up it worked well, the dynatrac lift was comfortable for what it is. But having done some runs on dirt trails and roads with wash outs/bumps/ etc at speed over 35mph, I felt the ride was a little soft. And body roll in turns over 50mph a little much. I have and will do some rock crawling,

What I want to end up with. Ideally lift to 2.5”, but less than 3”. I plan on using the Ohlin shocks(2-3”) because of adjustability and experience others have had. Staying with 35s(for now). I’d like slightly stiffer springs(but not much) and a little more height than my current endurolift. I heard that Ohlins work well with softer springs( don’t know whether that’s true or not ). Originally explored Clayton 2.5” but feel they will be too stiff

I would appreciate any opinions/ experiences of the synergy vs Rancho coils. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The reason why you'd want softer coils is because ANY high quality adjustable shock you can buy will make your ride firmer to much firmer and ultimately to bone jarring stiff. If you start off with firm/stiff coils, that will be your starting point and you will NEVER be able to make your ride feel softer.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
The reason why you'd want softer coils is because ANY high quality adjustable shock you can buy will make your ride firmer to much firmer and ultimately to bone jarring stiff. If you start off with firm/stiff coils, that will be your starting point and you will NEVER be able to make your ride feel softer.
Thanks Eddie, that makes total sense.. are you still running Rancho coils with the ohlins on the 392?

benatc1

Hooked
I had synergy springs on my gladiator Mojave and really liked them, I would def say they are soft and paired well with the shocks on the Mojave. Synergy springs will give you the lift that they claim and no level up front, so you’ll still have a rake fyi. Haven’t ran ranch springs I a while but always thought they were soft, which in my opinion isn’t a bad thing. One thing im not sure on is how they compare to evo plush rides? Which I have now on a JLUR and are maybe stiffer than synergy? I’m not sure, if anyone had feedback on that I’d appreciate it too.

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
I haven’t ran Rancho but swapped from AEV to Metal Cloak then to Synergy. Synergy rides way nicer to me out of those 3 and I personally like the rake. I’d buy them again without question and plan to for a JT down the line.

benatc1

Hooked
If I recall correctly, synergy boasts a lot of travel with their springs too, not sure how that is compared to others like rancho, but I recall them starting that you can get more usable extend travel if you have to right shocks. Maybe the same for everyone though, idk.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I had synergy springs on my gladiator Mojave and really liked them, I would def say they are soft and paired well with the shocks on the Mojave. Synergy springs will give you the lift that they claim and no level up front, so you’ll still have a rake fyi. Haven’t ran ranch springs I a while but always thought they were soft, which in my opinion isn’t a bad thing. One thing im not sure on is how they compare to evo plush rides? Which I have now on a JLUR and are maybe stiffer than synergy? I’m not sure, if anyone had feedback on that I’d appreciate it too.
Thanks Ben, since I’m pairing them with Ohlin, I’d prefer them softer

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I haven’t ran Rancho but swapped from AEV to Metal Cloak then to Synergy. Synergy rides way nicer to me out of those 3 and I personally like the rake. I’d buy them again without question and plan to for a JT down the line.
Thank you. From the specs it seems both synergy and Rancho are softer. I plan on a 3/4” upfront spacer, so not concerned about the rake.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should note that I wouldn't hesitate to run Synergy coils. I just haven't in the past so I can't speak about them with any personal experience.

Top Bottom