Taking the Plunge!

Astroman

Did you get it today?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Alas the long-awaited delivery of my Hemi-swapped JK did not occur today as expected :grayno:

Backordered parts expected from AMW yesterday did not arrive. Talked to their ops manager today who confirmed A/C lines shipped yesterday, but not overnight delivery.

Apparently the demand for Hemi swaps has surged and AMW is having issues with the supply chain keeping up. It also didn't help matters that one of the DCD crew suffered a heart attack last week (only 39 yo), so the shop is a little backed up.

Sooooo...........now ECD is Tuesday. But I'm not holding my breath, so I reserved a rental JL Rubicon to do the Emigrant Trail Jeep Jamboree, which starts on Wed night (dinner) in Reno..........just in case :rolleyes2:

Astroman

So Jim, what happened?

Did it turn out OK?

Yes and no......

All was going OK for pick up last Tuesday and on David's green light, I made the 4 hour drive south to pick up the vehicle. The AC line from AMW 4x4 arrived just after noon and Danny completed the install while I was enroute. When I arrived, I got to hear the start-up in person -- pure music! Danny then test drove my JK while heading over to their AC shop to fill the system with refrigerant. By the time they got back from an otherwise successful test drive, all the refrigerant had leaked out. The new line had a leak :cussing:.

Needless to say I was more than a little disappointed. I had to leave the next day to Reno to run the Emigrant Trail Jeep Jamboree overlanding trip and the thought of running through the Nevada desert without AC seemed less than ideal. David felt terrible and said I could take the JK and he would send a crew to transport back to his shop after the Jamboree..........but that he preferred to give me a loaner vehicle to run the Jambo while he ensured my JK was perfect. He wanted a chance to test everything himself personally to ensure that when he hands me the keys, everything would be 100% dialed in. After the Jamboree, he would drive my JK up to my place and pick up his rig. Sounded very reasonable given the circumstances. So we went over to his house to pick up the loaner -- here's what he gave me:

IMG_4600.jpg

Wow -- a fully build JLUR overlanding rig on 39s. The 4-day trip was fantastic and this vehicle was just perfect for this type of wheeling.

IMG_0484 (1).jpg

Now to go get David's JL cleaned up before he arrives with my Hemi JK -- going to take some major work to get all that mud off :yup:

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Well that’s a hell of a loaner. Sucks about the a/c line. But at least it sounds like he’s more than taking care of you.

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s amazing! Now that is customer service. Can wait to see the video if your JK once you get it back.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Well, too bad on your delay, but props to DCD for the hook up. That's got to be the best loaner I've seen.

Glad you made the trip, and things worked out.

Heholua

Yes and no......

All was going OK for pick up last Tuesday and on David's green light, I made the 4 hour drive south to pick up the vehicle. The AC line from AMW 4x4 arrived just after noon and Danny completed the install while I was enroute. When I arrived, I got to hear the start-up in person -- pure music! Danny then test drove my JK while heading over to their AC shop to fill the system with refrigerant. By the time they got back from an otherwise successful test drive, all the refrigerant had leaked out. The new line had a leak :cussing:.

Needless to say I was more than a little disappointed. I had to leave the next day to Reno to run the Emigrant Trail Jeep Jamboree overlanding trip and the thought of running through the Nevada desert without AC seemed less than ideal. David felt terrible and said I could take the JK and he would send a crew to transport back to his shop after the Jamboree..........but that he preferred to give me a loaner vehicle to run the Jambo while he ensured my JK was perfect. He wanted a chance to test everything himself personally to ensure that when he hands me the keys, everything would be 100% dialed in. After the Jamboree, he would drive my JK up to my place and pick up his rig. Sounded very reasonable given the circumstances. So we went over to his house to pick up the loaner -- here's what he gave me:

View attachment 335141

Wow -- a fully build JLUR overlanding rig on 39s. The 4-day trip was fantastic and this vehicle was just perfect for this type of wheeling.

View attachment 335142

Now to go get David's JL cleaned up before he arrives with my Hemi JK -- going to take some major work to get all that mud off :yup:
It must have been you guys I saw heading east on I-80 last Wednesday in Sacramento. That's a nice rig!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Astroman

Well that’s a hell of a loaner. Sucks about the a/c line. But at least it sounds like he’s more than taking care of you.

Well as they say, "shit happens." More sometimes than others......

But you're right -- he has taken very good care of me :thumb:

Top Bottom