Taking the Plunge!

Astroman

ORE dates for Phase II are set — will drop off the Jeep on 1/26 and pick her up on 2/2. Man I’m stoked for this next level of Evolution [emoji119][emoji119]. BTW this phase will make available my existing axles which I’ve listed in the “for sale” section.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Astroman

Awesome! Be careful on your trip :) .. those tires in trailer look huge!

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks......trip now complete. LA traffic on a Friday afternoon really sucks :cussing:

As to the huge tires in a small trailer, I gotta admit I was a little apprehensive taking my little Harbor Freight folding trailer on a 300 mile trip loaded with 500+ pounds of tire, averaging 75 mph. But that little trailer performed great and because of its small size, Drew at ORE let me keep it there while they work on the Jeep. If my D44 axles don't sell before I pick up the Jeep, I'll be hauling those back on this trailer -- very convenient, and for a sub-$300 trailer that takes up the floorspace of your average ironing board when folded is an amazing value :yup:

Astroman

Looks awesome! Safe travels! Working on the wife for your available ones but as of now I'm losing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Take her on a run this weekend featuring an obstacle that requires lockers and 37s. Upon the dejection of not sending the obstacle, say, "Damn, I coulda walked right up that with lockers and 37s.... but wait -- I know a dude selling his Rubicon axles for dirt cheap, just up the road.....and, they're already gusseted and geared for 37s! Whaddaya think Hon?" :cheesy:

Brute

Hooked
Thanks. As Tom Petty once sang -- "the waiting is the hardest part...." T-minus 5 days and counting...... :daydream:

One of my fave Heartbreakers tunes...sad thing about TP...

Looking forward to seeing your rig all rigged up...

Maineiac

Thanks......trip now complete. LA traffic on a Friday afternoon really sucks :cussing:

As to the huge tires in a small trailer, I gotta admit I was a little apprehensive taking my little Harbor Freight folding trailer on a 300 mile trip loaded with 500+ pounds of tire, averaging 75 mph. But that little trailer performed great and because of its small size, Drew at ORE let me keep it there while they work on the Jeep. If my D44 axles don't sell before I pick up the Jeep, I'll be hauling those back on this trailer -- very convenient, and for a sub-$300 trailer that takes up the floorspace of your average ironing board when folded is an amazing value :yup:
Glad to hear it went well! I'm going to have to check out that HF trailer you got! I just need something for occasional runs to Home Depot. You can try out your trailer on a bit longer road trip and bring those axles to Maine!

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug

A quick trailer question. My brother in-law has that same trailer and he uses it about 2-3 times a week in upstate New York on the back roads and highways. He’s had a great experience with it too. The only thing he said that needed to be done was to replace the HF wheel bearings with a quality wheel bearing. Did you have that same experience?

I’m looking forward to seeing the final pictures of your finished JK!

Astroman

Glad to hear it went well! I'm going to have to check out that HF trailer you got! I just need something for occasional runs to Home Depot. You can try out your trailer on a bit longer road trip and bring those axles to Maine!

Yeah -- the same reason I bought my trailer. I'm a woodworker and was looking for something to haul lumber and sheet goods, but would not take up a lot of room in the shop (2-car garage). Didn't want it to sit outside exposed to the elements when not in use. Fits the bill perfectly :yup:

Astroman

A quick trailer question. My brother in-law has that same trailer and he uses it about 2-3 times a week in upstate New York on the back roads and highways. He’s had a great experience with it too. The only thing he said that needed to be done was to replace the HF wheel bearings with a quality wheel bearing. Did you have that same experience?

I’m looking forward to seeing the final pictures of your finished JK!

I didn't replace the bearings, but I did thoroughly re-grease them with a quality grease. As I understand it that is the main issue with the HF bearings -- substandard grease. At gas stops I checked play and hub temperature -- all stayed tight and cool.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm really liking that trailer. So you just head down to DMV to get VIN or registration or something?

Astroman

I'm really liking that trailer. So you just head down to DMV to get VIN or registration or something?

Yeah — the trailer comes with documentation from HF to register at the DMV — very simple process. BTW I built the stake sides and added a plywood floor as well as my own wiring loom for the lights (not necessary but stock grounding sucks). All easy to do but just wanted all to know the trailer does have directions for flooring and sides but does not come so equipped.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom