Tea, Crumpets, and JK Dual Steering Stabilizers

JKUndaunted

Dave indeed is a good guy, I hate to see jeep people fighting too, I think the problem is here is a lot of jeepers experience death wobble and it may not be a good thing to direct people into thinking an SS is the cure in any way, we like to show people how to fix things correctly for good, which is always possible. The problem you are having will destroy any stabilizer you install and the wobble will return. I have experienced REAL death wobble and it's not just a jeep problem, it could mean you or your family's or the innocent person driving beside you' life. I hope you get to the root of the problem when you have time, we'd like to know what it was :yup:

I didnt say it was a cure. I am actively seeking the cause. I have said many times that it only happens in 3 places at 15-20 mph. Not exactly dangerous speeds. I could take a different route and never get the wobble again. I just wanted to stop the wobble and take the shock out of the steering. When hitting rocks and other stuff that can jar the steering box.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKUndaunted

[/QUOTE]I am a Vet you cocksucker.[/QUOTE]

Ill ask you again. What does bring a vet have to do with anything? OK so you look after sick animals and shave there fur for surgery. That is a very commendable profession. But it has nothing to do with death wobble or all American hero terrorists. ;)

JKUndaunted

Doesn't offer any good input and you better not second guess something he does! Typical British know it all douche-bag.

Ridg3runner I made a mistake. I apologise. It was not you who started the british insults. I retaliated to this and then was called a racist. which I am not.

sean112280

I am a Vet you cocksucker.[/QUOTE]

Ill ask you again. What does bring a vet have to do with anything? OK so you look after sick animals and shave there fur for surgery. That is a very commendable profession. But it has nothing to do with death wobble or all American hero terrorists. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you are joking and not completely retarded?

OJK12

This thread makes no sense to me?? You started a new thread for what purpose?? Your first post is deceiving, it sounds both like your looking for answers and just telling everyone what you did looking for either praise or for everyone's agreement on what you did to fix the problem. Why not just post this on your build thread if you were just stating what you did? Starting a new makes it sound like you want answers to your problem otherwise why even make a thread about it? To me I don't understand why if you really have death wobble that it only occurs over certain parts of town on certain bumps?? Sounds more like really bad bump steer as death wobble will occur any where, on any road usually around 40-50 mph and it's a violent shaking which you have clearly stated is not what you are experiencing. The other thing is you have removed your sway bar which would exaggerate the bump steer maybe making it feel like death wobble. I've never heard of a sway bar causing ball joints and tie rods to fail as you indicated, it's only job is to control body sway so how it's causing your ball joints to fail is beyond me. Have you checked to see if your axle is bent?? If you didn't have this death wobble your claiming to have prior to your engine swap then I'd say it's clear you screwed something up and how that's the "inferior stock" parts fault is beyond me the JK is the best wrangler jeep has ever built and other than a couple parts stock equipment is usually very good and most people keep it rather then ditch it. If your happy with your "duel stabizler setup then why even bother making a thread at all?

dwvninety

OK you lost me there....:hmm:

JKUndaunted

Please tell me you are joking and not completely retarded?

Notice the winking face. I was busting his balls. But being a veteran has nothing to do with this thread. I am a fireman. But it has nothing to do with this thread.

liljohn850

Are we all better now? Big group hug? Water under the bridge?

This got a little heated, probably one of the more heated threads in recent history. I feel like everyone took a few points and ran with it.

We're better than this.

JKUndaunted

This thread makes no sense to me?? You started a new thread for what purpose?? Your first post is deceiving, it sounds both like your looking for answers and just telling everyone what you did looking for either praise or for everyone's agreement on what you did to fix the problem. Why not just post this on your build thread if you were just stating what you did? Starting a new makes it sound like you want answers to your problem otherwise why even make a thread about it? To me I don't understand why if you really have death wobble that it only occurs over certain parts of town on certain bumps?? Sounds more like really bad bump steer as death wobble will occur any where, on any road usually around 40-50 mph and it's a violent shaking which you have clearly stated is not what you are experiencing. The other thing is you have removed your sway bar which would exaggerate the bump steer maybe making it feel like death wobble. I've never heard of a sway bar causing ball joints and tie rods to fail as you indicated, it's only job is to control body sway so how it's causing your ball joints to fail is beyond me. Have you checked to see if your axle is bent?? If you didn't have this death wobble your claiming to have prior to your engine swap then I'd say it's clear you screwed something up and how that's the "inferior stock" parts fault is beyond me the JK is the best wrangler jeep has ever built and other than a couple parts stock equipment is usually very good and most people keep it rather then ditch it. If your happy with your "duel stabizler setup then why even bother making a thread at all?

It is death wobble but at lower speeds. It does the same thing to the jk as my xj did at 50mph. Bump steer is caused by the suspension moving up and down. I do belive that bump steer can bring on death wobble but if the track bar and drag link are not the same length and the same angle any vehicle will have it. My ifs chevy colorado had bump steer. It used to tow out on compression and tow in during extension. Alot of vehicles have it. And to the people saying jeep build them right well they dont. How about the yj? Track bars with leaf springs? What was that all about. They rode like shit and would not flex due to bind. And the front track bar on my friends rhd yj ran the opposite way to the drag link. That is pure madness. Im not sure if the lhd yj was the same but the bump steer was so bad it would swerve around through dips and over crests. Everything is built to the bear minimum. Its all about selling units and making money. If jeep keeps the sfa on the next wrangler it may well get radius arms like the ram has now. That would save space and manufacturing costs. Would true jeep lovers who know and love the 4 link with track bar be happy about that? I know I wouldn't.

2013CGJKU

As a VETeran I understand full well the evils that exist on this planet. That's what it has to do with it.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

JKUndaunted

As a VETeran I understand full well the evils that exist on this planet. That's what it has to do with it.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

As a fireman I too am familiar with the evils of this world. On the anniversary of 911 every year we hoist the American flag at half mast in honour of our fallen brothers across the Atlantic and salute your nation for a period of silence.

Jackal01

On the anniversary of 911 every year we hoist the American flag at half mast in honour of our fallen brothers across the Atlantic and salute your nation for a period of silence.

As an American and a firefighter I appreciate that. Thank you.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I can't believe I read every f'n post in this utterly useless thread. I feel like a Prius pulled in the interstate doing 30mph and is flying the bird after he got honked by the rest of the traffic is doing 65.

There's two camps here:
1)The few in the kumbaya crowd that sympathizes with the OP's lackluster selection of parts and is willing to continue to extend an olive branch based on the trust equity accumulated by the op's prior contributions to the forum.
2) the rest of us who got frustrated by self delusions of grandeur when WE ALL KNOW he likely still has death wobble. It's the equivalent of a cancer patient feeling good on a morphine drip but doesn't take the doc's advice on chemo. What adds to the frustration is the op's obvious thin skinned demeanor coupled with plain and simple ignorance. The "fuck you" implosion and his continued stubborn disregard for advice (solicited or unsolicited) with the added I insistence that he has reengineered the track bar/drag link geometry where all others have failed is simply irritating. He is clearly unwilling to accept the advice or opinions of others. When you then read his paternalistic (very European) take on citizenship it just proves any theories we have on his ignorance. I would be surprised if previous employers and spouses haven't had issues with the op's stubborn nature and his willingness to accept criticism/constructive feedback.

I guess I could have just said this was pointless, but after wasting 20 minutes reading about ...uhhhh...nothing I felt compelled to comment. Thanks for wasting my time.

2013CGJKU

As a fireman I too am familiar with the evils of this world. On the anniversary of 911 every year we hoist the American flag at half mast in honour of our fallen brothers across the Atlantic and salute your nation for a period of silence.

That's awesome and very appreciated. The fact still remains that you are posting on a public forum where people have differing opinions and are freely allowed to post them in regards to the things that you are posting. If you are too thin skinned for that or your first reaction is to start telling people to fuck off for not agreeing with you and praising you for your accomplishments then you really should go find a new place to share you thoughts and ideas. Maybe the knitting club at your local retirement community? They will just appreciate your presence and won't know any better when you start talking about Jeep stuff so they will probably be perfect for the reaction that you are craving.

End of story... you are probably not a bad dude but you definitely need to sack up and stop being such a Nancy. There will NEVER come a time where everyone agrees with you and this is a public place so they are allowed to vocalized their disagreement without having to fuck off.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

JKUndaunted

the added I insistence that he has reengineered the track bar/drag link geometry where all others have failed is simply irritating.

I have not re engineered the track bar bracket yet but I will be doing so. The track bar is at a totally different angle. They should be near parallel as many other posters have suggested. If I raise the track bar 2 inches they WILL be parallel. You are obviously not familiar with RHD jk's as the track bar mounts are totally different.

2013CGJKU

I can't believe I read every f'n post in this utterly useless thread. I feel like a Prius pulled in the interstate doing 30mph and is flying the bird after he got honked by the rest of the traffic is doing 65.

There's two camps here:
1)The few in the kumbaya crowd that sympathizes with the OP's lackluster selection of parts and is willing to continue to extend an olive branch based on the trust equity accumulated by the op's prior contributions to the forum.
2) the rest of us who got frustrated by self delusions of grandeur when WE ALL KNOW he likely still has death wobble. It's the equivalent of a cancer patient feeling good on a morphine drip but doesn't take the doc's advice on chemo. What adds to the frustration is the op's obvious thin skinned demeanor coupled with plain and simple ignorance. The "fuck you" implosion and his continued stubborn disregard for advice (solicited or unsolicited) with the added I insistence that he has reengineered the track bar/drag link geometry where all others have failed is simply irritating. He is clearly unwilling to accept the advice or opinions of others. When you then read his paternalistic (very European) take on citizenship it just proves any theories we have on his ignorance. I would be surprised if previous employers and spouses haven't had issues with the op's stubborn nature and his willingness to accept criticism/constructive feedback.

I guess I could have just said this was pointless, but after wasting 20 minutes reading about ...uhhhh...nothing I felt compelled to comment. Thanks for wasting my time.

Spot on.

Hey, next time you head out to Addictive give me a shout. I miss my boy Jason and would love to see your rig in person!

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

gripenfelter

There's two camps here:

Sorry his thread wasted your time, you didn't have to be involved.

So because he doesn't take your opinion on the problem...that's ok for everyone to E-lynch the guy? Unfortunately this seems to be the issue around here. This place has a ton of great info and decent people but you disagree with how something should be done or use a different manufacturers part and you're burned at the stake. Its unfortunate, because this shouldn't be a wayalife among fellow jeep enthusiasts.

Jackal01

Spot on.

Hey, next time you head out to Addictive give me a shout. I miss my boy Jason and would love to see your rig in person!

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

I wouldn't mind going either (sorry to impose). I met Jason last week to buy some lights from him and he mentioned Addictive to me. I need to meet some more locals into Jeeping. And his rig is to die for. :bowdown:

JKUndaunted

Right here is a picture of my steering system. I ran a straight edge from end to end under the TRE's the angle was 7 degrees. The angle of my Track bar from center to center is 11 degrees. Lifting the track bar 2 inches will yeild the same angle. I cannot show a picture of the straight edges as I only have 2 hands. The track bar mod is my next step. New tires are much farther in the future. I apologise to all for getting hot headed. I hope you can now see why I must relocate the track bar when I get time.

Top Bottom