Templar's Build

Templar

Worked on the Jeep last night:
- Jeep up on jack stands.
- Pulled all 4 wheels.
- Pulled the rings.
- Mounted the 1 painted ring I did the other day on the spare. The VHT Satin matches perfect as others here stated, way less glossy than the Rustoleum Satin.
- Got a new 3/8" bit made for Metal and drilled another hole for the top stinger mount - WAY faster with a new bit made for metal...

Took a half day in the AM today, trying to get as much done as I can before 1 PM.
- Sanded all 4 rings down.
- Painted 2 so far, masking the other 2 right now. Will let these all dry over night and put them back on Saturday AM.

Hope to get the wheel wells painted black, the stinger finished, and the stickers on before I have to finish my 1/2 day or work...

20150904_003100.jpg

20150904_075522.jpg

20150904_093634.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Rings look great and seem to match perfectly, someday when I stop being lazy I will pull the rings and spray mine.

Templar

Rings look great and seem to match perfectly, someday when I stop being lazy I will pull the rings and spray mine.

Thanks, that VHT Satin black wheel paint is a perfect match, I'm glad I tried it. Seems to dry pretty fast too.

Templar

Worked on it again until 2 AM and finally finished it up. Gave it a much needed wash this morning. I think I am done for a while, until I can afford to buy some more stuff.

20150905_112400.jpg

20150905_112341.jpg

20150905_112331.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Damn dude that looks great, I think my rear is sitting at about the same height as you now after I adjusted it which makes me happy to see. What are you doing for a tire carrier?

Templar

Damn dude that looks great, I think my rear is sitting at about the same height as you now after I adjusted it which makes me happy to see. What are you doing for a tire carrier?

Thanks bud, I think it might lower it a little bit once I get the rear tire back there. For now I was hoping to do what Mel did with Evolander and just use the stock tire carrier with something on the bumper the tire can rest on when the tail gate is closed.That would free up the cash for some other things first like onboard air, a cage, and a winch which are high on the list.

Long term I am really not sure yet, I really want to see some of the options in person. I like the EVO corners and tire carrier, but I am worried about my wife being able to operate it. I am leaning more toward the Poison Crusher Corners and body mounted tire carrier. Really this is the thing I am most undecided about because I have not been able to see any of the options in person yet. I guess the other option is the Crawler Conceptz body mounted tire carrier but it seems pricey for what you get. Hopefully I will get lucky and see some of these options in person in the near future.

If you have any suggestion tire carriers independent of a rear bumper I am all ears.

Templar

Looks great!!!!! You will not be disappointed when it comes to performance either.

Thanks bud :) I am looking forward to taking it out wheeling, I have never had this good of a suspension system. I'm 80 miles into my gear break in, doing to get as many short trips in as possible to speed up that process.

Templar

Love your build so far. I was wondering if you could tell me how tall the letters are on your hood. I love how bold they are. I want to use the same height for mine. Thanks in advance.

Thanks much, looks like they are 3" tall. I took a picture for ya.

20150905_203733.jpg

Top Bottom