Teraflex - Bad rep for a reason or isolated cases?

jpone

I have their 6" long arm kit & their dual rate swaybar, I've had the lift kit for just over 2 years now and never had a problem with it (I don't wheel that much though). I also really like the swaybar too, never had a problem out of it.

I've heard a few things about the older kits having bad control arm brackets that would fail and I learned from the recent Fork Yeah video that I'm probably going to have to upgrade my bushings at some point.

I met Dennis at EJS this year, he's a actually a very quiet guy in person, but he is awesome and a really great guy. My track record with Teraflex is good so far so I can't say anything bad about them. I'm also kind of biased since I used to live in Utah and because they're the local company everyone ran their stuff.

Of course, after my recent bad dealings with a company, I think that all other Jeep companies are pretty good!!!

Do have the link to the Fork Yeah vid you are referring to? I have those LCAs and I think the bushings are shot

The BAD Influence

Why did you blank out the name. Who was that? And what part was it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think it as regarding their steering stabilizer. The reason I blocked out the name is becuase this guy is a big deal in Moab, I've pissed off enough locals regarding their almighty worship of Teraflex. EJS is coming up, never know, I may need some help out on the trail.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I think it as regarding their steering stabilizer. The reason I blocked out the name is becuase this guy is a big deal in Moab, I've pissed off enough locals regarding their almighty worship of Teraflex. EJS is coming up, never know, I may need some help out on the trail.

Why not call a spade a spade [emoji848]? I’m not sure how blocking out the guys name is any better?

albarb

I have their 6" long arm kit & their dual rate swaybar, I've had the lift kit for just over 2 years now and never had a problem with it (I don't wheel that much though). I also really like the swaybar too, never had a problem out of it.

I've heard a few things about the older kits having bad control arm brackets that would fail and I learned from the recent Fork Yeah video that I'm probably going to have to upgrade my bushings at some point.

I met Dennis at EJS this year, he's a actually a very quiet guy in person, but he is awesome and a really great guy. My track record with Teraflex is good so far so I can't say anything bad about them. I'm also kind of biased since I used to live in Utah and because they're the local company everyone ran their stuff.

Of course, after my recent bad dealings with a company, I think that all other Jeep companies are pretty good!!!

kchatwin

Since I joined up the forum, I scrolled a lot trough subjects and encountered many memes, opinions and quite frankly bad rep revolving around Teraflex's products. Are those comments & post isolated cases troughout Teraflex products or are they really not that great?

Teraflex puts out a lot of YouTube content claiming that their products are "above" average if not bullet proof. Is it all just glitter & rainbows or are they really any good?

Let's hear it from real day-to-day Teraflex products users! What do you guys have to say about them?

Thanks!

A concerned shopper.

It sounds like I may be the odd man out here, but I run Teraflex's 2.5 coil lift, F&R Monster Trackbars, Big Brake Kit (F) and Bilstein 5100s on 35s and have nothing but praise for their products. I have personally visited their headquarters and have toured the Falcon Shock manufacturing facilities which I found to be impeccably clean and orderly. I regularly wheel our 2015 JKUR in challenging conditions locally and have conquered several challenging trails in Moab, UT and Ouray, CO. The vehicle handles and rides great, flexes well. I will be adding 1" spacers to regain some of the extra lift I lost due to weight gain from full width ARB and AEV bumpers, spare tire carriers, winch, skid plates, lock boxes, aftermarket lighting, onboard air, etc. If we upgrade to a JLUR, I would purchase Teraflex products again without second thought.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
It sounds like I may be the odd man out here, but I run Teraflex's 2.5 coil lift, F&R Monster Trackbars, Big Brake Kit (F) and Bilstein 5100s on 35s and have nothing but praise for their products. I have personally visited their headquarters and have toured the Falcon Shock manufacturing facilities which I found to be impeccably clean and orderly. I regularly wheel our 2015 JKUR in challenging conditions locally and have conquered several challenging trails in Moab, UT and Ouray, CO. The vehicle handles and rides great, flexes well. I will be adding 1" spacers to regain some of the extra lift I lost due to weight gain from full width ARB and AEV bumpers, spare tire carriers, winch, skid plates, lock boxes, aftermarket lighting, onboard air, etc. If we upgrade to a JLUR, I would purchase Teraflex products again without second thought.
And you are? Hop on over to the give us a wave section and tell is a little bit about yoirself. It's better received when we can get to know someone. Welcome to WAL.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

Your definitely the "odd man out"... I have never heard so much praise for Teraflex.

Jackal01

You're not alone. I run their 8 lug/full float conversion kit on my PR44 and Rubicon rear 44. The only parts that are TF are the spindles and rotors since they were built with other, arguably better components. So far not one issue or anything to complain about. About 30,000 miles across many states on several wheeling trips. I will say this is the only product from TF that I like but honestly because it was a great deal at the time. One tons will happen when I swap to a LS, however.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have the Teraflex big brake kit. Front with replacement calipers and rear with brackets. It’s been fine for the 4-5 years i have had it. It is the only TF stuff on my Jeep.

If I were shopping today I’d probably go with the Dynatrac kit just because it’s cheaper and easier to install, not because I’ve had any problems with the TF kit.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Welcome to Wayalife. Why don’t you stop by the, “Give is a Wave,” subforum, and introduce yourself?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thank god you signed up over 2 years ago and to make this your very first post! Certainly, you coming on here now just to say all this changes all the breaks and failures I’ve personally seen with TeraFlex products over the last 10+ years. Guess I need to give them a hard look again. [emoji1303]

jorgelrod

Hooked
I can't complain about their half inch space I put on to level my passenger side, but then again how can you fuck up an Urethane bushing (he said naively before rolling over his jeep due to what the NTSB calls a catastrophic failure of a urethane bushing on his front shock mount) :cheesy::cheesy:

I run their front (quick discos) and rear sway bar end links still. Fronts I disconnect completely when wheeling, so they don't see abuse other than street driving. And rears have held up just fine after lots of abuse of wheeling. I've heard enough fail stories to not buy anything more critical of theirs for my jeep, but the small components I have are still holding on. :beer:

longarmwj

I have a Teraflex D60 T-Lock in the rear of my WJ. It's their old air locker.

It's the reason my rear end has to be rebuilt, and the locker hasn't worked in over two years because of it's shitty design where the locker actuator is on the OUTSIDE of the diff cover exposed to everything. Not to mention that when the actuator went out, it defaulted the locker to full locked so driving the WJ home was a pain in the ass :doh:

Top Bottom