TeraFlex BBK - Install Questions - 6 Speed/Manual

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I joined up after reading the wonderful DIY posts for various things assuming that I would get some valuable opinions or advice on bleeding a slave cylinder. Instead, all I've gotten is return it, use a single piston system, etc.

For someone who's "researched this to death", I'm surprised that you chose to buy this kit even though you weren't "able to find good answers". May I remind you that it is YOU who said, and I quote "I've called TF and they didn't give me confidence" and yet, here you are now balking at the fact that people are suggesting that you return the kit and even going so far as to argue with them. :naw:

After reading through some of the trending threada with inflammatory comments, maybe not the best place for me.

Happy Jeeping

Probably not. You'd best go back to a safe place where people will only tell you what you want to hear.

Happy Jeepin

Nic Try

Recent experience with both kits

Full disclosure, i just installed the the dynatrac kit.

I was very much leaning towards the mopar or terraflex kit, but i drove a buddies on 37's (like mine) and i did not like the kit, the modulation wasn't great, pedal feel was firm, but at slow speeds, it was super grabby. It wasn't the feel i want when i want control, I didn't like it. Usually what you're you get with more pistons in the calipers in greater feel or modulation, the larger MC is for greater fluid flow to keep pedal feel firm, ive swapped them on old cars too when switching to disks or larger brake set ups (big fan of hydra boost)

Would it stop quick, work well, no doubt it would be fine.

Bottom line- i went with the dynatrac, and my buddie drove mine a week after install and loved the feel of mine.

Also i have longer custom brake lines, the Mopar (and probably TF kit) wouldn't work with my nice Brake lines (due to the caliper)..

Just my feedback

This group has not led me wrong yet, id listen to them.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Good afternoon, I've researched this to death and haven't been able to find good answers. I've called TF and they didn't give me confidence.

I've got the TF BBK sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I'm confident that I've got everything figured out with the exception of the final stage with relation to the clutch.

I'm assuming that I have to cut a section of the barb off that's located in the same area as the MOPAR OEM MC. From there I reattach the hydraulic line that is currently there. Afterwards, I have to bleed the clutch? This is accomplished by pressing the clutch to the floor, open the bleeder, then closing it and pumping the clutch afterwards.

Hey Bud. Wouldn't you open the bleeder, then pump the pedal to get the air out, then close, then build pressure? Honestly, I know some of the replies may seem harsh but if you can't get good answers from the manufacturer (no matter who it is) I'd be nervous about cutting into your clutch's hydrolic system. Maybe this isn't a great way to go.

Sent from my duck blind.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hey Bud. Wouldn't you open the bleeder, then pump the pedal to get the air out, then close, then build pressure? Honestly, I know some of the replies may seem harsh but if you can't get good answers from the manufacturer (no matter who it is) I'd be nervous about cutting into your clutch's hydrolic system.

Sent from my duck blind.

I guess great minds think alike. I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom