Tesla Semi

WJCO

Meme King
I think South Park's episode "Smug Alert" really sums up the reason that most people would consider a car like this. Just my opinion :cool:

Brute

Hooked
Based on my understanding of Electric Vehicles ("EV's") is that their effects on the environment depend a lot on the source of their electricity. Since 60% of all electricity in America is from Coal fire plants, it appears really we are looking at a region oriented approach to electricity production in which electricity by popular renewable means such as wind and solar. The more the electricity is from these sources, the cleaner an EV is.

So my assertion is this: Let's take a closer look at Nuclear energy. I know that mainstream media and the leftists hate Nuclear and want us all to grow plants and use limited resources to make the planet a better place, but that is not sustainable. I would say that if we can manage Nuclear power better, the EV suddenly becomes VERY good for the environment.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

And develop warp drive technology using dilithium crystals...

Ddays

Hooked
And develop warp drive technology using dilithium crystals...

This shit shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Hey, Doc Brown did time travel with a Mr. Fusion and banana peels. Getting from Pittsburgh to Denver on a bag of garbage should be a piece of cake! Just sayin

jesse3638

Hooked
I want to see the carbon footprint of a Tesla or any hybrid vehicle without the power generation used to fuel it. Plus what do you do with all the used up batteries and electrical components once it's old? Dismantle and recycle what EPA says we can and then ship the rest to remote China or 3rd world countries? Can't see it from my house not my problem anymore.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I want to see the carbon footprint of a Tesla or any hybrid vehicle without the power generation used to fuel it. Plus what do you do with all the used up batteries and electrical components once it's old? Dismantle and recycle what EPA says we can and then ship the rest to remote China or 3rd world countries? Can't see it from my house not my problem anymore.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app
My point exactly. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Sahara_Maverick

For the slow-to-stop urban traffic the electric cars have an upper hand over the internal combustion types in terms of efficiency.
Once we go to highways the advantage decreases and if we add the refueling/recharging they still have a long way to go.
Another aspect I seldom see anyone talking about is the battery replacement and recycling. Any serious study about it? How about all the Lithium and other materials needed for all the fleet they are talking about.
I do not doubt one day electric cars will be as ubiquitous as gas types and even surpass them.

It would be actually be very interesting to see a Jeep with four electric motors (one per wheel) instead of the cumbersome and heavy transmission system we use today. However, it will take several more years to see one.
Bets? Maybe 10 to 15? 😎

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom