That 70's Thread

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I watched him every morning growing up.We played with those but never threw them at the lawn...haha. Probably one of the reasons why they stopped selling them.Used to play with slot car tracks all the time. Build the cars switch motors all kinds of stuff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

... and changing the tires too. I liked those better than Tyco.

FFPulley77

Hooked
Child of the 80’s here, but seeing the old football photos made me think of something. Whatever happened to the cool nicknames that players used to get back in the day like Ironhead Hayward, Refrigerator Perry or the Steel Curtain? Last one I remember that was cool like that was The Bus.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I watched him every morning growing up.We played with those but never threw them at the lawn...haha. Probably one of the reasons why they stopped selling them.Used to play with slot car tracks all the time. Build the cars switch motors all kinds of stuff.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m with you on the slot cars. I loved those things.

Ddays

Hooked
Clackers
I think these eventually got banned. Probably because every coordinated kid that could get the damn things to work all showed up at the malls at the same time and did this shit near all of the the fountains.
What a racket. :crazyeyes: Lol, one of the rare times all parents banded together to abolish something.

Elroy231

Being that I was born in 77 I dont quite qualify as a 70s child. I did play with all of these things.
Sharkey, I think you nailed it with the Stompers for me also. Do you remember the grand wagoneer stomper? I had a sand box and I would sit outside in it for hours playing with Tonka trucks and stompers while my mom watched thru the sliding door to the back yard.
Do kids even have a sandbox anymore?

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom