The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Jackal01

I do recommend a spill kit as well. I have one but it would be better, I think, if others did since we will have a long line of rigs and it may take a bit for me (or anyone else that has one now) to get the spill/leak. In general it is good to have anyway. I spent $50 ish on mine from Amazon.

Last edited:

Buster3479

Spill kit ordered. I was doing some MOAB research today. What's the deal with mudflaps? It seems like if you're from a state that doesn't require them, you don't need to have them, but might still get ticketed? Is that accurate, or are they just required for everyone? How often do people get ticketed for them?

Jackal01

Spill kit ordered. I was doing some MOAB research today. What's the deal with mudflaps? It seems like if you're from a state that doesn't require them, you don't need to have them, but might still get ticketed? Is that accurate, or are they just required for everyone? How often do people get ticketed for them?
Do you have a link to the mud flap info? All I can find are conflicting stories. Nothing definitive.

Last edited:

Do you have a link to the mud flap info? All I can find are conflicting stories. Nothing definitive.

I'm not making it to the Moab part of this trip. But I would take my chances without 'em. :fingerscrossed:

Jackal01

I'm not making it to the Moab part of this trip. But I would take my chances without 'em. :fingerscrossed:
I will be taking my chances as well. I read several forums and the main theme seems to be that not many tickets are issued and when they are the driver was doing other illegal things to warrant a traffic stop. At this point, not worried.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

My thought exactly.
Same thing goes for to dark of tint in other states.
I have 5% in he back and 20% up front. Ima try rolling without them as much as i can the whole trip anyway lol

My thought exactly.
Same thing goes for to dark of tint in other states.
I have 5% in he back and 20% up front. Ima try rolling without them as much as i can the whole trip anyway lol

Nice Nick. Business in the front, paaaaartyyy in the back baby! :rock:

edit: more like party in the front, business in the back...but oh well. fail...lol

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I've got to stop reading this thread as I am getting too jealous. LOL You guys are going to have a great time.

Kyle7R

So, it appears that we will veer living in Colorado by this point. I miiiiiiiight just be able you swing a trip over to meet up with everybody.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Romac2223

Well guys as this trip is approaching I'm slowly but surly getting my rig ready, I will be receiving my 35" nitto trail grapplers tomorrow and I've ordered the 3.5 Rock Krawler max travel lift with fox 2.0 performance shocks along with Tera flex bump stops. Soon I will order the hard rock skids. Man this is awesome!!! Can't wait.🤙

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Dedication! I love it [emoji41]

I still need to button up my CB. I cannot get the damned thing to work for the life of me.
Also, tires are wearing funny too. Must be my bent ass tie rod finally taking effect lol

g_dubb

Well I made all of the necessary KOA reservations today. I'm amped up and ready to crawl! This trip is going to be bad ass!

Top Bottom