The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Flat Top

Trail Day Five(Last) - Poison Spider Mesa/Gold Bar Rim/ Golden Spike/Rusty Nail Cont.

After the Golden Crack we were still trying to find that shortcut and ended up on the Rusty Nail (No Sweat :eek:)

First big obstacle was an interesting off camber shelf with an imposing drop off to the right.

I made it especially interesting by forgetting to drop into 4-Lo .. :doh:

Day5_Poison_Spyder_Rusty_Nail_0012.jpg

Day5_Poison_Spyder_Rusty_Nail_1.jpg

Day5_Poison_Spyder_Rusty_Nail_004.jpg

Day5_Poison_Spyder_Rusty_Nail_2.jpg

Day5_Poison_Spyder_Rusty_Nail_2b.jpg

We literally turn the corner and something call No Left Turn awaits.... The name confused me at the time but after looking at all the video's online we apparently ran this trail backwards. For us this was No Right Turn...

Day5_Poison_Spyder_Rusty_Nail_NLT_01.jpg

Day5_Poison_Spyder_Rusty_Nail_NLT_1.jpg

The break over at the top had all of us high centering and unable to climb over with-out pulling cable.

Day5_Poison_Spyder_NLT_2.jpg

Patrick_No_Left-Turn.jpg

Day5_Poison_Spyder_NLT_3.jpg

Day5_Poison_Spyder_NLT_4.jpg

Day5_No_Left-Turn_FT01.jpg

Day5_No_Left-Turn_FT02.jpg

We all were winch equipped except for Kilroy (who I personally gave a hard time concerning this) so once the rest of us were up GraniteHead turned around and positioned his rig to help.

Little did we know....

Once past NLT we had a couple more shelves to drop down including Riff Raff.

Day5_Poison_Spyder_Riff_Raff01_3.jpg

Finally we made it to a dirt road that made a fairly quick exit back to the highway.

Day5_Poison_Spyder_Exit_1.jpg

Day5_Poison_Spyder_Exit_2.jpg

Day5_Poison_Spyder_Exit_3.jpg

After getting back to the KOA we finished up the trip with a group dinner at the Moab Brewery.

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
After the Golden Crack we were still trying to find that shortcut and ended up on the Rusty Nail (No Sweat :eek:)

First big obstacle was an interesting off camber shelf with an imposing drop off to the right.

I made it especially interesting by forgetting to drop into 4-Lo .. :doh:

View attachment 279930

View attachment 279920

View attachment 279923

View attachment 279921

View attachment 279922

We literally turn the corner and something call No Left Turn awaits.... The name confused me at the time but after looking at all the video's online we apparently ran this trail backwards. For us this was No Right Turn...

View attachment 279924

View attachment 279925

The break over at the top had all of us high centering and unable to climb over with-out pulling cable.

View attachment 279927

View attachment 279926

View attachment 279928

View attachment 279929

View attachment 279932

View attachment 279933

We all were winch equipped except for Kilroy (who I personally gave a hard time concerning this) so once the rest of us were up GraniteHead turned around and positioned his rig to help.

Little did we know....

Once past NLT we had a couple more shelves to drop down including Riff Raff.

View attachment 279931

Finally we made it to a dirt road that made a fairly quick exit back to the highway.

View attachment 279934

View attachment 279935

View attachment 279936

After getting back to the KOA we finished up the trip with a group dinner at the Moab Brewery.

That looks epic! Awesome pictures Tom

98XJ06LJ

I don't know if anyone else on the trip took video and pics but you have to give props to Flat Top.... Awesome job! I'm sure this is already a great look back for everyone that went on the trip and a teaser for everyone that wishes they attended. I think it's safe to say this is the first of many Texas Exudus trips not the last.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

I don't know if anyone else on the trip took video and pics but you have to give props to Flat Top.... Awesome job! I'm sure this is already a great look back for everyone that went on the trip and a teaser for everyone that wishes they attended. I think it's safe to say this is the first of many Texas Exudus trips not the last.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Many if not all of us took some but Flat Top, in my opinion, is posting a great variety and doing a great job with the recap in general. That's why I'm not really posting at least. There is some other content in the works I believe as well. I posted the pictures and videos of my own rig in my build thread, however.

Flat Top

I was looking back through Eddie's past videos to see if any of the places on the trip were covered in them. I ran across Alpine Loop, Poughkipsee Gulch and Anamas Forks in KEEP IT TIGHT : The JK-Experience Colorado -- Royal Gorge & Alpine Loop [Part 3 of 4]. Very cool to re-watch now that I have actually been there.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Dam...Did you get pulled out? Why the smoke?

Yeah, luckily PROJKUR and Flat Top were there. Flat Top was the one that went all the way around to the top and winched me out since my Jeep stalled out on me.
The smoke happened from how vertical i was. The engine oil started to seep out and started running all through to the back of the exhaust.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yeah, luckily PROJKUR and Flat Top were there. Flat Top was the one that went all the way around to the top and winched me out since my Jeep stalled out on me.
The smoke happened from how vertical i was. The engine oil started to seep out and started running all through to the back of the exhaust.

Cool.... I’d be like, “Winch!, Fire Extinguisher!, Clean Shorts!”

Top Bottom