The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

g_dubb

No side steps are coming off for the trip...
I am looking at some sliders from a company called Shrockworks out of Houston

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm not sure how serious you are about getting slider from shrockworks but I hope you're not in a hurry. Shrockworks is made to order. Last year I attempted to order sliders from shrockworks and he told me it would be 3 months before he could have them shipped.

Romac2223

I'm not sure how serious you are about getting slider from shrockworks but I hope you're not in a hurry. Shrockworks is made to order. Last year I attempted to order sliders from shrockworks and he told me it would be 3 months before he could have them shipped.

Wow!! did not know that, think I'll go another direction. Any ideas for a bolt on?

Romac2223

I have some mopar premium tube sliders sitting in my back yard you can have for less than HALF the cost of the shrockworks if your interested... Just let me know via PM :beer:

Pics of them can be found here:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?37583-Moving-garage-is-full-of-jeep-parts

Thanks but I do have my rubi rails, I want something a little beefier. If I can't gets something by this trip I will just use them. Do you have any ideas for a bolt on.

Flat Top

Didn't mean to send the same picture View attachment 257005 View attachment 257006 View attachment 257007

Great pics! Can't wait.

Seeing the jerry cans got me thinking. Any need for aux fuel cans on this trip? I get about 220 miles to a tank and start planning refills around 200. I've got a rotopax and mount on my list which is pretty low costwise to most of the other "upgrades". Just wondering if it's worth it for this trip.

Great pics! Can't wait.

Seeing the jerry cans got me thinking. Any need for aux fuel cans on this trip? I get about 220 miles to a tank and start planning refills around 200. I've got a rotopax and mount on my list which is pretty low costwise to most of the other "upgrades". Just wondering if it's worth it for this trip.

I was thinking the same thing. I asked Jackal01 if we needed to carry fuel since he's been out in that area of Colorado before. He said we wouldn't have to carry, unless you absolutely want to of course. I'm still debating whether or not I'll do roto for the trip, but sounds like we don't need it.

Exodus 4x4

I was thinking the same thing. I asked Jackal01 if we needed to carry fuel since he's been out in that area of Colorado before. He said we wouldn't have to carry, unless you absolutely want to of course. I'm still debating whether or not I'll do roto for the trip, but sounds like we don't need it.

Twice now I've been in a situation where I almost had to pull my rotopax off to use it, and that's here in Texas. Once on the way to EDRA and another time cruising the hill country. Definitely could've been avoided had I been paying better attention to my fuel level. I've never once regretted carrying a 2 gallon reserve on the back of my rig and it's never been a problem on the trails. If you ever make it out to Trees, you'll soon realize the benefits and peace of mind that come with it.

Twice now I've been in a situation where I almost had to pull my rotopax off to use it, and that's here in Texas. Once on the way to EDRA and another time cruising the hill country. Definitely could've been avoided had I been paying better attention to my fuel level. I've never once regretted carrying a 2 gallon reserve on the back of my rig and it's never been a problem on the trails. If you ever make it out to Trees, you'll soon realize the benefits and peace of mind that come with it.

Might as well get one lol. I'll be pissed to run out of gas. My luck, it'll happen on the way home after all the trail rides are done too

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Ive been going back and forth about getting a roto for this trip too. I figure if i do pull the trigger i might as well get the 4gal one, iust incase I, or anyone else might need some extra full.

Top Bottom