The Adventures and Build of Remi the JL Rubicon!

Napalm

And the next mod is.... painting the grill black!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trust me, my OCD is watching this thing like a hawk. If it even starts to look yellow again... I may just go for it.

Thanks to Doubletapdaddy for posting this picture and making me want it... definitely plays well with the black wheels
IMG_1185.JPG

Napalm

Remi got a hand wash and the fenders got some UV protectant tonight to protect them from this hot Texas sun. [emoji51]
IMG_1260.jpg

Next up:
- CB Radio
- WAYALIFE CB BAR
- maybe a Trektop.......

Last edited:

Napalm

We had a “cool” front come through yesterday evening, so for the next week it will be in the 80s. Decided it was finally time to get Remi stripped down and (almost) fully naked!
IMG_1308.jpg
After stripping down, I could not resist the urge to get out and go exploring. Here’s to a fun Tuesday!
IMG_1312.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
We had a “cool” front come through yesterday evening, so for the next week it will be in the 80s. Decided it was finally time to get Remi stripped down and (almost) fully naked!
View attachment 331319
After stripping down, I could not resist the urge to get out and go exploring. Here’s to a fun Tuesday!
View attachment 331320

Awesome! Time to get some side mirrors though! Better safe than sorry.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yeah, I just don’t get the half door thing. Doesn’t putting the window down essentially achieve the same thing? I guess that would be a 3/5ths door [emoji6].

They do give it a much larger opening compared to the windows just going down and much a lower opening than the full doors. They also have the advantage of keeping water out during deep crossings verses no doors but still giving you a ton of visibility.

IMG_9148.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

sipafz

Caught the Bug
They do give it a much larger opening compared to the windows just going down and much a lower opening than the full doors. They also have the advantage of keeping water out during deep crossings verses no doors but still giving you a ton of visibility.

View attachment 331333

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

They do look great on your Jeep! No doubt about it, but your Jeep isn’t your daily driver (maybe I’m wrong?). Being that I seem to take my doors on and off on a daily basis 8 months out of the year, it would be a pain two add a second set into the equation.

RCVRY

View attachment 331333

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

So pull the plugs? It’s fun watching the swirly drain from the floorboards.

All in good fun, but I just don’t get half doors...🥴

RCVRY

They do look great on your Jeep! No doubt about it, but your Jeep isn’t your daily driver (maybe I’m wrong?). Being that I seem to take my doors on and off on a daily basis 8 months out of the year, it would be a pain two add a second set into the equation.

Or, strip the carpet, rattle can that shit to be presentable, and learn to keep an extra set of drawers in the console.

I know it’s not for everyone, but I’ll pull the doors early in the season and daily drive that shit everyday. I pack underwear, t-shirt, towel and a shower door squeegee for rainy days.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
THANK YOU!!! Someone else not getting the half doors.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji106][emoji41]

I just like going doorless whenever possible and personally would never even consider half doors or even trail doors. That being said, I don’t have little kids or pets that have to be considered.

Nathan, sorry for droning on in your thread!

RCVRY

I just like going doorless whenever possible and personally would never even consider half doors or even trail doors. That being said, I don’t have little kids or pets that have to be considered.

Little kids are fine in a 2-door! [emoji106]

(Edit: not sorry Nathan. You’re Jeep looks great with no doors, but mirrors are cheap. Think about it.)

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked

I daily drove it for 4 years like that, then bought the Ram, totaled the Ram, now back to dailying it all over again.

The half doors go on in May and full doors go back on in September. There are the zipper window panels that go on the half doors. I can pull and bag them in about 5 minutes.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Napalm

Little kids are fine in a 2-door! [emoji106]

(Edit: not sorry Nathan. You’re Jeep looks great with no doors, but mirrors are cheap. Think about it.)

Y’all are good. Everyone is welcome in the thread. [emoji4] I’m not sure what it was that drew me so much to half doors. I guess it was the first set I ran of em, I kind of got hooked on them. I just like the way they look. Not every set ever made, but a select few. That being said, I can go doorless or with half doors, either way is fun to me! [emoji1303]

Napalm

Please don't get this guy started on half doors.

Oh but, we are just getting started. [emoji4]

[emoji23]

Nathan, congrats on stripping down! We are in the midst of our monsoon season so I’m fully closed off.

Thanks! It’s a great feeling and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. I’ll have to button back up by Saturday.. our lovely 107 degree temps will be back. But this is a nice fall preview!

Top Bottom