The Adventures and Build of Remi the JL Rubicon!

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Remi looks good!!
I hear 35’s fit nicely under those flares with little bit of lift. Lol. And I dig the half doors too!

Napalm

That’s a beaut!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Nice! Brand spanking new? What do they run like $200k?

Nice new ride

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys! This one spec’d out somewhere around half a million. They are extremely expensive!

Awesome, welcome back Nate!

Been a bit busy lately so sorry I missed your thread! ...er... when we going wheeling??

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dave! What’s up man?! Hope all is well! I’ve got a trip planned to Hidden Falls the second weekend in Oct and then I’m gonna try and get it out to barnwell for a day run/maiden voyage type deal. We need to plan something!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

UPDATE!

Big news - wonderful things have happened and after almost 200 days on the market, my house is finally under contract. The sale will close on Sept. 3rd so we are not completely out of the woods yet, but then all the money I have been sinking into the house I wasn’t living in will be sinking into Remi! Big plans for ole girl coming.

I’ve been shopping around for a daily driver/commuter car that I could use for work. This would allow me to put Remi on 37s

Remi’s inaugural trip is scheduled for October 9th-11th. We are headed to Hidden Falls for three days of wheeling and camping! Can’t wait!

Stay tuned - I think in celebration of all this great news Remi needs her first mod. [emoji16]

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Dave! What’s up man?! Hope all is well! I’ve got a trip planned to Hidden Falls the second weekend in Oct and then I’m gonna try and get it out to barnwell for a day run/maiden voyage type deal. We need to plan something!

We'll be there on the weekend of September 13-15th with some buddies if you want to tag up. Charlie & Angela, Tom, Nick & Susana, and few others, you are welcome to join if interested. :thumb:

Last edited:

Napalm

Congrats! That's great news.

Nice! That’ll be a relief for you.

2013 JKU Sport S, named Spider

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

Congrats on the house. That’s a big weight off your shoulders

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys! It isn’t over until Sept 3rd, but each day that we get closer, the weight gets less and less each day.

Napalm

Remi gained an older sister this weekend. It’s always been my dream to own a second car for work purposes and daily driving. The nature of my job requires me to leave Remi parked outside for 24 hours at a time, and sometimes that just makes me a little uneasy where I work. Also, now that the build is on the horizon, I don’t want to sacrifice anything and really want to build Remi into a gentle giant.

Enter Ruby. Ruby is a 2016 Ford Fusion SE. she’s got just a hair under 34k miles on her, and is still under factory warranty. While up visiting family this weekend, my 90 year old great grandmother who no longer drives offered the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to buy this car for payoff if I had the cash in hand that day. I did, and walked away with this thing at 10% of its BB value and the title in hand. It was truly an offer I could not refuse.

IMG_1408.jpg
IMG_1407.jpg
IMG_1405.jpg
IMG_1406.jpg

The name Ruby comes from the color of the fusion being Ruby Red, also my grandmother’s name that sold it to me was Ruby, I thought it fit.

Ruby isn’t perfect though, and needs a little work. She has some moderately noticeable hail damage on the hood, roof, and trunk lid. She also has some pretty good back bumper scuffs, as well as general scratches, dents, and dings from the previous 90 year old driver. She also needs new tires, wheels(eaten alive with curb rash), as well as a new rack and pinion steering assist(covered under warranty) Once I get the new wheels and tires installed, I’ll drop her off for a clay bar, buff, and wax and get her really shining.
IMG_1377.jpg
IMG_1388.jpg

Overall, it’s a great riding and driving car. I am averaging 30mpgs with the 2.5L 4 cylinder. Most importantly, this is the first car I’ve ever paid off in 27 years, and the first time I’ve ever held a Texas Blue Title.

Stay tuned for more on Remi & Ruby. [emoji16]

ALSO - poll for the masses. Do you think Ruby would look better with black or polished/silver rims ? Let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_1385.jpg
    IMG_1385.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 62
Top Bottom