The Adventures and Build of Remi the JL Rubicon!

Napalm

That’s quite funny as I to have a white JLU Rubicon with a black top and fenders and my Boston Terrier’s name is Remi....small world!!
View attachment 338739
View attachment 338740

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

I have a Boston terrier that is black and white named EVO
View attachment 338741

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s awesome guys! One day I’d love to have another one! They are great dogs!!!

Napalm

Remi’s Maiden off-road Voyage!!

Yesterday afternoon, we had a beautiful day. My girlfriend Lindsey and I decided to go exploring in Remi. There had been a place right outside of town that looked very interested behind the trees, and since it was relatively dry we decided to check it out. Little did we know, it was a full on trail. It had some decent washouts that allowed me to get Remi on the trail for the first time. I was able to get her into 4lo for the first time, and disconnect the sway bar!

Lindsey is new to the off-roading world, so this was an awesome time to get out and show her what all the Rubicon goodies were, as well as get her a taste of what’s to come!

Remi disconnected and baby flexed out for the first time!
Adjustments.jpg
Heading down a little deeper into the trail, there were some good washouts here and several different lines. I wanted to stay here and play a little more, but there were some pissed off wild hogs, and I was on their turf, so we decided to keep moving.
Adjustments.jpg
The trail tightened up in the pine trees, so we just continued to move slow and explore. We found a pretty good section that allowed us to get really off camber. I barely could crawl out to take a few pictures
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Finishing up and coming out
Adjustments.jpg

All in all, it was a fantastic unplanned trip. After getting back on pavement, my girlfriend got behind the wheel. For the first time, she got to drive a Jeep. She loved it, especially waving at other Jeepers!

Build starts December 24th!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Glad you were able to get out in the trail! Reno looks great in its natural setting

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jeeeep

Hooked
read thru the thread, welcome back!

I'm still in limbo on my 2018 JL build... too many damn options LOL

Napalm

IT HAS BEGUN! Remi’s build has officially begun with the purchase of (drumroll please)
IMG_2353.JPG

The Bestop Trektop in black twill! And yes I got the at home professional installation with it! This has nothing to do with me not being able to put it on myself. Those of you that know me know I am VERY experienced in putting tops on.......

I got this because they offered it for free with my purchase. It is a $299 dollar value, so I figured I might has well take the free handout, and see how it works. Here’s the invoice the Buy-It-Installed company sent me that Bestop covered.
IMG_2355.jpg

Can’t wait!

longarmwj

IT HAS BEGUN! Remi’s build has officially begun with the purchase of (drumroll please)
View attachment 338825

The Bestop Trektop in black twill! And yes I got the at home professional installation with it! This has nothing to do with me not being able to put it on myself. Those of you that know me know I am VERY experienced in putting tops on.......

I got this because they offered it for free with my purchase. It is a $299 dollar value, so I figured I might has well take the free handout, and see how it works. Here’s the invoice the Buy-It-Installed company sent me that Bestop covered.
View attachment 338826

Can’t wait!

I’d do the same. Of all the things I’ve installed on my JK, the trektop was the biggest pain in the ass for some reason.

Well worth it though. Love that top!

Napalm

I’d do the same. Of all the things I’ve installed on my JK, the trektop was the biggest pain in the ass for some reason.

Well worth it though. Love that top!

I installed numerous ones on my JKs in the past and while not extremely difficult, just more or less time consuming.

The JL Trektop is a new design and requires some extra work. Since Bestop was offering this promotion, I figured I’d be stupid not to take up on it. I am curious to see the process of how it all works.

Napalm

That top does look great on the JLUs. Congrats!

When do the 37s arrive?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thank you! The 37s will be the last piece of the puzzle. Everything before will kind of go in this order as far as big purchases go

Soft top
Skids/bumper/winch/rock sliders
Tire carrier
Rancho 2 inch sport lift w/RS9000 shocks
37s & wheels
Half doors (when someone finally makes a decent set for the JL)

Smaller purchases will include:

First aid kid
Fire extinguisher
CB radio
Recovery kit
I’m sure I’m forgetting plenty!

The big purchases will be spaced out over the next year maybe a little longer. The little ones will come just whenever I feel like it! I just paid off a ton of debt so I am trying to rebuild some savings before I start blowing and going like crazy. It’ll be a moderately paced build, but definitely not near as slow as my previous ones.

Dale72

Hooked
Thank you! The 37s will be the last piece of the puzzle. Everything before will kind of go in this order as far as big purchases go

Soft top
Skids/bumper/winch/rock sliders
Tire carrier
Rancho 2 inch sport lift w/RS9000 shocks
37s & wheels
Half doors (when someone finally makes a decent set for the JL)

Smaller purchases will include:

First aid kid
Fire extinguisher
CB radio
Recovery kit
I’m sure I’m forgetting plenty!

The big purchases will be spaced out over the next year maybe a little longer. The little ones will come just whenever I feel like it! I just paid off a ton of debt so I am trying to rebuild some savings before I start blowing and going like crazy. It’ll be a moderately paced build, but definitely not near as slow as my previous ones.

Your last one wasn't really that slow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom