The Adventures and Build of Remi the JL Rubicon!

Napalm

Done! The Bestop Trektop went on without any issues. I had two extra hands and the install was pretty drama free.

After reading reviews, I expected a lot of issues with the top. But I am currently happy to say, that I am not experiencing any issues that I read about. I’m gonna daily drive the Jeep for a week or so and see if the issues come once the fabric gets stretched out. But currently, everything fits perfectly with no problems!

Adjustments.jpg
IMG_2498.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Looks good!

That does look good!

Looks real good, congrats

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Nice :thumb:

Thanks guys! I’m super impressed with this top. I’m glad I went with the black twill. I’ll post an updated review after a few weeks with it!

Now the first mod is done, the mod bug has hit. I can’t wait to keep building this Jeep!

Next up will be one of the follow
- CB setup w/WAYALIFE CB bar
- EVO oil/trans skid
- LOD Front Bumper

Napalm

Rear bumper delete!

So my rookie at my firehouse was practicing driving in our ladder truck. He tried to turn a little to close to the rear of Remi, and ended up nearly pulling the bumper off and put a few scrapes on it. So we decided to just pull it off!
IMG_2519.jpg
IMG_2521.jpg

JKbrick

Napalm

I like a Jeep with no rear bumper personally [emoji106]

Looks good. Does EVO have any of the D Rings for the JL like they did on the JK ?

Thanks guys. I also prefer the no bumper look. I planned on doing this later on down the line, he just accelerated the process. He felt terrible about it, even as much as I tried to explain to him it’s okay and that it was just a piece of plastic.

As far as I know, there isn’t any D ring mount options yet. Until those come, I’ll just keep my rear tow hook on!

Now just to find some sort of way to mount my license plate!

Andy5160

Hooked
Done! The Bestop Trektop went on without any issues. I had two extra hands and the install was pretty drama free.

After reading reviews, I expected a lot of issues with the top. But I am currently happy to say, that I am not experiencing any issues that I read about. I’m gonna daily drive the Jeep for a week or so and see if the issues come once the fabric gets stretched out. But currently, everything fits perfectly with no problems!

View attachment 339517
View attachment 339518

I though I saw you mentioned some ware that you purchased install option [emoji848]

Napalm

Thanks for sending that, I didn’t even know they made that! Will check it out. I would do Eddie and Cindy’s option, if I was mechanically inclined. Which I am not 🤣

I though I saw you mentioned some ware that you purchased install option [emoji848]

Looking good

Thank you! They gave it to me free as part of a promotion. That being said the company, Buy It Installed Inc, called me ONCE and said they were gonna set something up. I never heard from them for weeks and still haven’t. I guess it wasn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

That being said, installing it myself (with a few friends) was great fun. And doing it this way, I had the piece of mind to know for sure it was done 100% correctly. I was a little concerned about letting someone else install it just because of that.

Napalm

Remi is looking great man, I always loved the look of the "fastback" soft top. Does impede on room but it looks awesome in my opinion

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks man! I have noticed that. I’m getting gear ready to do some camping and I have to push my plastic totes back a certain amount so the top can close. Isn’t terrible, but is there. Regardless of the storage, this is the only soft top I care to run.

Napalm

Remi’s first official off road trip is booked! Her and I are going to Hot Springs OHV area for two days of wheeling and camping with my local Jeep group a month from today! So excited!

Now to just see if I can get a couple purchases/installs in before the trip!

Top Bottom