The Birth of Cookie Monster (aka Cymbol Monkey)

MericaMade

So was working on my buddies jeep tonight and we did notice the body was shifted to the passenger side. Most likely cause was jacking the body up when placing the rear evo coil bucket mounts and getting off centered. So we unbolted the body frame and forced it to the driver side. It didn't take much force was able to do it with a big pry bar. It wasn't much but definitely lines up better. It did however help some with the rear passenger sag and a few more turns with preload. It wasn't a (oh yeah that fixed it outcome) but did help and not as noticeable like before.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Weebz

Caught the Bug
So was working on my buddies jeep tonight and we did notice the body was shifted to the passenger side. Most likely cause was jacking the body up when placing the rear evo coil bucket mounts and getting off centered. So we unbolted the body frame and forced it to the driver side. It didn't take much force was able to do it with a big pry bar. It wasn't much but definitely lines up better. It did however help some with the rear passenger sag and a few more turns with preload. It wasn't a (oh yeah that fixed it outcome) but did help and not as noticeable like before.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn. I got excited you had the hell yeah discovery. I’ll take a look but I think I’m squared up. Looks like it’s time to play the spring game all day Saturday. Thanks for the input and your findings though!

MericaMade

Would uncentered axles cause the issue? For example, front is to far pass and rear is to far driver causing the weight to load up on the pass rear?

Weebz

Caught the Bug
As usual life put a real damper on being able to play too much. Only got one test in. So I have been running 250/300 rear (10” upper) and 250/300 front. I swapped everything to be 250/250 rear with both being 12” springs hoping the softer spring would allow for adjustability if needed and absorb most or all of my preload needs in the rear with gaining height. Went to 300/300 front. FAIL!!!!

In the end the rear gained height which I don’t want but it did take out all preload so I do have adjustability there but the 300/300 front has the same result of a droop in that passenger corner and with the rear being higher none of it works.

Tonight I will go to 250/250 rear with the 10” upper and drop the front back to my 250/300 set up. I may also look at reducing the charge in the rear reservoir down to like 100 and see if that helps.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Well I think I’m getting there. I got it down an inch in the rear with going to the 250/250 and 10" upper. That's with 300/300 up front still. Can easily level it out from here. Going to try going back to 250/300 up front and level it from there. If I can’t I’ll stick with this and see how it does. I think the problem was too heavy a spring rate in the rear forcing the front down.

JKbrick

Well I think I’m getting there. I got it down an inch in the rear with going to the 250/250 and 10" upper. That's with 300/300 up front still. Can easily level it out from here. Going to try going back to 250/300 up front and level it from there. If I can’t I’ll stick with this and see how it does. I think the problem was too heavy a spring rate in the rear forcing the front down.

Maybe you need a third row seat and more kids in there!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Well....a bunch of jerks I know on here and happen to wheel with officially ruined me. As much as love driving the Monster, sitting in a nice cab can’t be beat.

Attachments

• 4830B4FB-5489-41E4-A69D-5F964B329A5B.jpeg
    4830B4FB-5489-41E4-A69D-5F964B329A5B.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 6BFC66BF-D61A-435C-96E3-B77E50243F9E.jpg
    6BFC66BF-D61A-435C-96E3-B77E50243F9E.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 61

Ddays

Hooked
Well....a bunch of jerks I know on here and happen to wheel with officially ruined me. As much as love driving the Monster, sitting in a nice cab can’t be beat.

LOL, you needed sooooo much convincing. :cheesy:

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Nice, you all keep this up I will have to get a truck and trailer next.[emoji23] Awesome though, opens the door for more adventures out West.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice, you all keep this up I will have to get a truck and trailer next.[emoji23] Awesome though, opens the door for more adventures out West.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

It really does making that hike more manageable. If I lived out west, It would have been less of a concern

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom