The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

Jsouder53

Hooked
Oof! Just a suggestion, I take a paint marker and mark the bolts as I torque them on projects like that. Then I give a good visual check to make sure everything is marked before mounting tires or buttoning up. Forgetfulness will only get worse as you get older my friend [emoji6].

Looks like the damage is minimal though.

That’s a great idea! I’ll be doing that from now on.

Yikes, brake issues can ruin your day.. luckily you caught it before anything big happened.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m certainly glad it wasn’t too far from home when it happened!

Ouch. Hope you can get a new bolt quickly.
I’ll be taking the truck to NAPA today in search of one, maybe Oreillys

If you absolutely have to drive it before you get the bolt replaced, I would suggest that you swap the upper bolt to the missing location.

That way the rotation of the rotor will keep the caliper seated, instead of pushing it out against the wheel.

Best bet is don't drive it, and get 2 new bolts.

Good thinking, but I will not be driving it [emoji51] that was worrisome last night

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yikes, did you get home ok?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes I got home okay, had to engine brake through some mountain roads which was nerve racking for my wife [emoji23] I made it just about 100 miles without touching the brakes until I made it to an intersection near home, almost timed the light perfectly by slowing down a quarter mile in advance lol

Jsouder53

Hooked
Oooh....it's so shiny...

Stopping on demand is not nearly as exciting...

Hahaha I’m just glad it wasn’t any worse of an issue than it actually was. I’m also glad it happened close to home while we were heading home instead of several hours away lol

Jsouder53

Hooked
Great looking dogs. We’re shooting to get one here next spring! They Will make the adventures in the Jeep a bit more interesting! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you! And that’s awesome! You might end up with 2 lol we thought one would be enough, but we had to get Bear a friend. We basically got our dog a dog [emoji23] they honestly play different from other dogs. More rough housing with each other

Top Bottom