The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

Jsouder53

Hooked
Well I never thought I would say this, but we got a cat [emoji51] a barn cat. We’ve been having some issues in our house with field mice and mouse traps were not doing the trick. Soooooooo we got a cat to live in the shed/horse barn behind our house. Image1532306127.075062.jpg
meet Ron Weasley our barn cat (the guy helping us at the shelter said he already has a rap sheet at 1.5 years old lol he was brought in as a stray in a cop car) Image1532306138.373509.jpg
Already killing mice! Image1532306150.906605.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
We will just have to wait and see! I’m kinda thinking another cat already

You're probably already well aware, but make sure it's spayed/neutered or you'll end up with so many of the damn things everywhere you'll be hoping the coyotes show up more often.
We haven't had to get new cats in years. The first ones we got were like a starter set because new ones always show up. We're down to 2 permanent ones but there are about 3 transients that come and go.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Is it me or are you running dual rate springs? They look totally compressed on the top which might explain why your ride feels so harsh...

Yes they are dual rate, the metalcloak dual rate coils. A friend of mine talked me into them before I knew any better.

I do like that they haven’t sagged [emoji106]

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
You're probably already well aware, but make sure it's spayed/neutered or you'll end up with so many of the damn things everywhere you'll be hoping the coyotes show up more often.
We haven't had to get new cats in years. The first ones we got were like a starter set because new ones always show up. We're down to 2 permanent ones but there are about 3 transients that come and go.

He is definitely neutered, we used to have neighbors back in Florida that had dozens of cats roaming and reproducing like rabbits... I actually started trapping them since they used our yard as a litter box and we didn’t have a paved or gravel driveway so I would drive through it on the daily.

Jsouder53

Hooked
So now I got a quote for $1000 just for labor and that is for:

Front inner seals
C gussets
And ball joint replacement

(I’m supplying parts)
Is this high do you think?

That would be just to get me by till next summer when we go to Off Road Evolution...

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
So now I got a quote for $1000 just for labor and that is for:

Front inner seals
C gussets
And ball joint replacement

(I’m supplying parts)
Is this high do you think?

That would be just to get me by till next summer when we go to Off Road Evolution...

For a normal shop rate, that really isn't that high. I'm guessing labor is 6-7 hours book time. Attempt to do it yourself if you can.

Jsouder53

Hooked
All of the bumpstops are in! Got to the last one (rear passenger side) and it looks like the bumpstop will contact the rear upper track bar bracket and actually it looks like it has made contact in the past... Image1533436789.146346.jpg
Is my axle too far back?

Top Bottom