The build of Clifford's tire carrier...

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468566369.813795.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468566383.996131.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468566401.862771.jpg
Removed the bumper light and license plate.
Welded my brackets onto my plate but ran out off wire right in the middle of my weld >=[ I did pick up some more wire and finished welding my bracket plate. Also bent the plate to match the curve of the body. What do you guys think if I ran an Evo fascia?

Ddays

Hooked
:thumb: Looking good!

Funny, I am running with just the D -ring kit and no fascia and kinda like the look of it. Just never got around to ordering it I guess and got used to it this way. Guess it comes down to person preference.... either way is cool. Some guys don't like the unfinished look...

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
:thumb: Looking good!

Funny, I am running with just the D -ring kit and no fascia and kinda like the look of it. Just never got around to ordering it I guess and got used to it this way. Guess it comes down to person preference.... either way is cool. Some guys don't like the unfinished look...

I like that look too it's cheap and simple.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468825767.021606.jpg
Got my plate up on the jeep today I'll finish it by tomorrow. Almost ready to start bending my tubes. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468828530.796091.jpg

Last edited:

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Thanks! Yeah I have a 1/4 inch steel plate in it and I have spacers to go in between the body sheet metal to help it to not get squeezed to tight and a lot of bolts I still have to drill my holes for.

JeepJeep75

Looking good man. Years ago I helped a buddy while he was building a pre-runner bumper for his Toyota. Bending a tube with more than one bend in it is TRICKY! Figuring out how much length is needed for the first bend, adding in the straight length, then twisting for the next bend, then having the right length for that one, then bending it in the right direction.... Plan on getting extra tubing if you don't have it already. On the bright side, you will have lots of scrap, and it'll force you to practice your bends. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. If you think about it, show us your setup while your doing your bends.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Looking good man. Years ago I helped a buddy while he was building a pre-runner bumper for his Toyota. Bending a tube with more than one bend in it is TRICKY! Figuring out how much length is needed for the first bend, adding in the straight length, then twisting for the next bend, then having the right length for that one, then bending it in the right direction.... Plan on getting extra tubing if you don't have it already. On the bright side, you will have lots of scrap, and it'll force you to practice your bends. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. If you think about it, show us your setup while your doing your bends.

Haha funny you say that .. Yeah I got extra and I was practicing but man it came out bad I'm going to have to mod my crappy bender i know I can get clean bends from it if I mod my bender I'm also packing my pipe with sand.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Just fixed some bugs and adjusted the tail gate now going to paint my brackets and get my pipes finished should have the tire on soon now.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Hahha you want to see the pipe that was crap XD I'll post pics it's to late and dark right now for pics. But I did put my bumper back on now.

Top Bottom