The build of my flag ship Black Pearl

black pearl

Hooked
Ruh Roh.... Pickin fights with Rocks?

They started it! [emoji23]

I slid off a rock and I hear my wife say "I don't know what that yellow thing is, but it's a horse shoe now" I figured out fast what it was as I lost the ability to turn right.
The tail pipe well that's a different story. Apparently I don't feel it should be round. By the marks it got hit a few times [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
They started it! [emoji23]

I slid off a rock and I hear my wife say "I don't know what that yellow thing is, but it's a horse shoe now" I figured out fast what it was as I lost the ability to turn right.
The tail pipe well that's a different story. Apparently I don't feel it should be round. By the marks it got hit a few times [emoji23]

Haha.... you got a game plan to get it all fixed?

black pearl

Hooked
Haha.... you got a game plan to get it all fixed?

Yeah I just cut the end of the tail pipe off. Now it can't smash between the bumper and a rock.

Just pulled the SS off for now. Had to do a little front end work in a parking lot, but seems to be doing fine now.

Should have seen my wife's face when the jeep started violently shaking about 10 miles into the drive home. It scared the hell out of her [emoji23][emoji23]

black pearl

Hooked
So I pulled my rear driveline to verify a vibration I've been having. Yup that was the issue. (This was happening prior to the wheeling trip) so I picked my driveline up to put it back in till my new one shows up and it slid apart [emoji17]. The vibration is now a little worse. I'll have to pull it back out tomorrow and see if I figure how it was. I know close. I think within one or two notches.

black pearl

Hooked
The shitty built sliders didn't agree with this last rubicon run. We'll see how they like the next one. [emoji23][emoji23]🤷*♀️ IMG_2877.jpg IMG_2878.jpg the cheep China steel crumbles at the sight of rocks.

BaddestCross

The shitty built sliders didn't agree with this last rubicon run. We'll see how they like the next one. [emoji23][emoji23]🤷*♀️ View attachment 306424 View attachment 306425 the cheep China steel crumbles at the sight of rocks.

Glad they built their Atlas bumper better than their sliders. I've beat the shit outta that thing with nothing to show for it except some scratches. 🤪

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

black pearl

Hooked
Glad they built their Atlas bumper better than their sliders. I've beat the shit outta that thing with nothing to show for it except some scratches. 🤪

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I have the atlas bumper also. It holds up good with the rocks. My only complaint with it though is... two months after I installed it I made a run to Death Valley and going out to the race track three of the four bolts that hold the latch on failed. I replaced them with good bolts and nylock nuts. Been great ever since. I also installed a zerk fitting for the swing out.

Top Bottom