The build of my flag ship Black Pearl

BaddestCross

I have the atlas bumper also. It holds up good with the rocks. My only complaint with it though is... two months after I installed it I made a run to Death Valley and going out to the race track three of the four bolts that hold the latch on failed. I replaced them with good bolts and nylock nuts. Been great ever since. I also installed a zerk fitting for the swing out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
The only issue I have is that my gas cans don't sit right in the holders - they're actual NATO cans, so I guess they're a little taller than the HF ones I had originally - and when they swell, it makes it hard to open the latch. 🙁

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

black pearl

Hooked
Awesome videos! Can’t wait to make it there one day

Thank you [emoji4]
It's definitely worth the trip!! 🤙

The only issue I have is that my gas cans don't sit right in the holders - they're actual NATO cans, so I guess they're a little taller than the HF ones I had originally - and when they swell, it makes it hard to open the latch. [emoji853]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
[emoji23]I beat my gas cans in with a hammer, to clearance them. They were hitting the hitting the brackets on the tailgate for my overhead basket, causing the same issue.

BaddestCross

Thank you [emoji4]
It's definitely worth the trip!! 🤙

[emoji23]I beat my gas cans in with a hammer, to clearance them. They were hitting the hitting the brackets on the tailgate for my overhead basket, causing the same issue.

🤣🤣 the big fucking hammer works every time! It hasn't bugged me enough to deal with it, but I'm getting close.

--

black pearl

Hooked
Finely figured out what to do with the bandannas, I've gotten on different wheeling trips. I put grommets in the corners and hung them from a S carabiner. IMG_2900.jpg got a this one last weekend out by the little sluice. IMG_2901.jpg this one is from last years stakes and stories, in the granite bowl. IMG_2902.jpg and I got this one down in Death Valley. IMG_2903.jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Bandanas and the way you have them on your Jeep are way cool [emoji41]

For your noise it sounds like one of the pulleys like you said. I had that happen couple years ago. It was a tensioner pulley in my case, you can actually take that pulley of the tensioner, don’t buy the entire tensioner if that’s the case. I also believe it’s same size as the other idler pulleys. Aske me how I know [emoji849]

black pearl

Hooked
Bandanas and the way you have them on your Jeep are way cool [emoji41]

For your noise it sounds like one of the pulleys like you said. I had that happen couple years ago. It was a tensioner pulley in my case, you can actually take that pulley of the tensioner, don’t buy the entire tensioner if that’s the case. I also believe it’s same size as the other idler pulleys. Aske me how I know [emoji849]

Thank you! [emoji4]

Good to know, I bet that saves a few bucks just getting the pulley it's self. I'm going to be looking into it more next weekend, as it's getting louder and more annoying.

black pearl

Hooked
I haven't been around a drone up close and personal till yesterday. A buddy brought one to my place yesterday, for a little party we were having.

Man, I need to get one of them for the trail!!
I took this picture of my property from 300+ feet up yesterday. IMG_2908.JPG

black pearl

Hooked

BaddestCross

I will be doing that tomorrow, along with a few other checks. I just noticed it today when I was laying under the jeep, looking at bolts and welds.

Good plan... When I replaced my ball joints I realized how bad the TREs were on both my tie rod and drag link. Drivability is sort of like boiling a frog slowly. Sometimes you don't realize how bad things are until they've been fixed.

--

Top Bottom