The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Nice looking rig man. Sorry to see someone stole your headlights and grill. At least they didnt steal your whole jeep. I would invest in an after market GPS locator. Specially if you plan on building your rig more and ultimately spend more money on it.

oh yeah thats for sure! always something positive to take out of it!

you know i haven't really thought about that until this happened. haven't really looked in to them. do you have any recommendations?

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So it's been a few months since I have had the jeep now and it drives really well and I'm very happy with it. Until about 4 weeks ago the heater stopped working.:( So this past weekend I decided to strip it down and see if I could find out what was wrong. I couldn't drive the jeep anyway so it didn't matter if I left the dash apart.

I disassembled the whole dash and found out I couldn't take it out unless I took my steering wheel off. I didn't want to do that. And this is as far as I got

IMG_7364.jpg
IMG_7369.jpg

So I just played around and looked if I could see anything I might think made my heater go out. Well in doing this I suspect the heater had gone out before and it appears the dash has come out before. There are a few bolts missing which hold it in place. Nothing major but I can see for sure someone else has messed around. Not a big deal until I saw this

IMG_7368.jpg

Someone cut the dash!!!!!!! Really pisses me off and just shows how stupid some people really are. I suspect this is a result of two things and due to the previous heater problem
1. The owner didn't want to spend the money to get it fixed properly.
Or
2. The person hired said they could "fix" it and
They took a short cut to fix the problem by cutting the dash out. Which they probably didn't even tell the owner.

Anyway after reading more online and looking at some videos I decided to check the actuator because maybe it wasnt rotating all the way to heat. When I played with it something 'clicked' and seemed like it fell into place. So I decided to put it back together finished product.

IMG_7383.jpg

And I'm happy to report I now have heat!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I've seen a lot of shady shit over the years, but that is a new one. Wow. Glad you got heat again though.

JeepJeep75

What the heck? I know you mentioned to me before that the dash was cut and I thought maybe just a little trim/hack job. But damn! That's straight hack it the F outta there. Sheesh! That sucks. Probably won't affect much but now you know it's there and that blows. At least you have your heat fixed! [emoji106]

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I've seen a lot of shady shit over the years, but that is a new one. Wow. Glad you got heat again though.

It amazes me that people do this to there belongings that they spend a lot of money for and then invest even more money into. Wouldn't you want it to be done right?

What the heck? I know you mentioned to me before that the dash was cut and I thought maybe just a little trim/hack job. But damn! That's straight hack it the F outta there. Sheesh! That sucks. Probably won't affect much but now you know it's there and that blows. At least you have your heat fixed! [emoji106]

I have also found this the the result of the annoying squeak in the dash. Since it's not a sold 1 piece it's got movement and causing noise. I might have a friend see if he can weld it back together for me.
Also this is the reason the dash has a little bump in the top. I think it was slightly bent while out of the vehicle. Hard to see but if you look hard enough you'll get what I mean.

IMG_7386.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
It's been almost a month since my headlights were stolen and over 2 weeks it was at the shop.

An update from the shop that was suppose to do the work on my jeep. This is a little long but you will understand.

They cannot complete the work because, well basically, they are idiots!!! they seem to think the ACTUAL OEM wiring for the headlights were spliced into the main harness. Because 3 wires coming out exactly where the headlights are isn't normal??? WTF.
The manager the appraisals from my insurance called me and said "I understand YOUR confused on why they can't complete the work." Are you effing kidding me? I about flipped on her and said NO, You and the shop are idiots and don't know how to do a job that would take less than 5 hours!!! I should have had my jeep back 3 weeks ago.

So I went to the shop yesterday to tell them how to do their job. Although it "seems" the tech now understands what I mean they won't fix it themselves. This all only became a problem a few days back when I told them I had LED headlights I wanted them to install rather than the OEM ones. It flipped a switch in their brain that this "aftermarket" lights requires modifications and they can't do that. I need a shop that deals with modified vehicles to do it. I said you realize these plug right into the main vehicle wiring right?..... nope they didnt get it. I even sent a YouTube video to my insurance on how to install Truck-Lites and said, please tell me where the wiring was modified for these headlights!!!

Anyways I took my jeep to a jeep dealership and asked them to do a new appraisal and complete the work. The first thing he said: oh yeah we need to solder new plugs onto the wiring. Yeah no shit!!! The other shop was dumb and I guess it's a good thing they didn't do the work.

Anyways I'll provide another update when I know more.

These are the photos the manager of the insurance appraiser is going off of and agreed with the shop:

IMG_7507.JPG

Oh and these "leads" are not factory and can't be OEM parts for headlights. What a joke!

IMG_7508.JPG
IMG_7509.JPG

Judesign

Caught the Bug
That's ridiculous but not surprising. Can they just physically get the lights and oem plugs for you and let you do the work?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
That sucks, but not surprising. Insurance companies will try anything to not pay your claim. And some shops hire some of the biggest tool bags around. It's so difficult finding a shop I trust my vehicles with anymore. I usually just drop it off and pray nothing bad happens... so far that's worked.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Wow! What a fucking joke. When I was in my co-op as an apprentice, one of the first things we learned was wiring harness and connector repair. That's an hour long job with the right parts, and that's being generous :thinking:

Last edited:
Top Bottom