The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Man was it a looong drive back from San Diego!! Between accidents and LA traffic it took 3+ hours when it should only be 2 hours:(:(

But I'm home now and ready for rest after a full weekend of giving NABOO some love!

Here is the tire carrier with more daylight
IMG_9222.jpg
IMG_9223.jpg

And thank you tgoss for the seats as well as the help to install them at your place! Greatly appreciated! Make the 3+ ride worth it and more comfortable!

IMG_9220.jpg
IMG_9221.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Now next weekend we will get out there and check how solid it really is! [emoji106]
Looks Awesome to see it hanging back there finally!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looking forward to it!

Looks pretty sweet. Those leather seats are going to be some luxury!

Looks great! If I ride with you again I'll miss my back seat buddy though [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one will miss that! Besides you have your jeep working well now so you won't need to ride with me.

Sweet!

Thanks!

Haha. I say that all the time to people when they ask me. Glad to see the death wobble was sorted out!

It's the truth. If we cared about MPG then we wouldn't by a jeep.
I still think a few things to replace but it's working well. Need to replace the axle bushings and get the wheels balanced.

Looks good!

Thank you!

That looks really solid, very well done and looks really great too!

Thanks. Works very well on the highway. So we will see how it does next week.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Got my wheels balanced! Must say, after this the front axle feels soooo much better!

IMG_1379.jpg

Also picked up the last piece of the puzzle to my front axle! All should be 100 after this!!:)

Axle bushings:
IMG_1377.jpg
IMG_1378.jpg

Even come with new bolts!

Now who wants to help with the install?? Geoff.... Jake... Sean...?? Who has an impact gun!:)

dillard09

Got my wheels balanced! Must say, after this the front axle feels soooo much better!

View attachment 271078

Also picked up the last piece of the puzzle to my front axle! All should be 100 after this!!:)

Axle bushings:
View attachment 271080
View attachment 271081

Even come with new bolts!

Now who wants to help with the install?? Geoff.... Jake... Sean...?? Who has an impact gun!:)

I'm down to help! No big impact like Geoffs but you know my garage is empty with Ole Betsy up at ORE. Plus you have to come get this steering box too!

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

View attachment 271078

I know how that feels! The wheels I got from sdg weren't balanced and were smooth even up to 80. But any little dirt or mud I could feel a vibration. Funny thing is for them to seem balance they used a good amount of weights.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I'm digging the new seats, they look really fantastic!

Thanks! I really like them too and are comfy! Can't wait to get the seat heaters set up!

You're gonna need Geoff's beast Milwaukee!

Yeah it would really help the job!!

I'm down to help! No big impact like Geoffs but you know my garage is empty with Ole Betsy up at ORE. Plus you have to come get this steering box too!

With you I don't think we will need an impact. Haha. Unfortunately I don't think I will get them done before this weekends trip? After reading and watching YouTube it's a bigger job than you would think when doing it in the garage and with the axle under the jeep:(

I know how that feels! The wheels I got from sdg weren't balanced and were smooth even up to 80. But any little dirt or mud I could feel a vibration. Funny thing is for them to seem balance they used a good amount of weights.

Expecially with my recent death wobble issue. Every little vibration scares me right now. I haven't looked at how much weight was needed though.

tgoss

Man was it a looong drive back from San Diego!! Between accidents and LA traffic it took 3+ hours when it should only be 2 hours:(:(

But I'm home now and ready for rest after a full weekend of giving NABOO some love!

Here is the tire carrier with more daylight
View attachment 270675
View attachment 270676

And thank you tgoss for the seats as well as the help to install them at your place! Greatly appreciated! Make the 3+ ride worth it and more comfortable!

View attachment 270673
View attachment 270674

Anytime man! Glad you made it home safe and even more so everything worked out with no lights on the dash. Just wondering how that food faired on the trip home lol

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Anytime man! Glad you made it home safe and even more so everything worked out with no lights on the dash. Just wondering how that food faired on the trip home lol

totally worth turning around and coming back for!

Mike...that beast is coming together. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

thank you! can't wait to get back out there with you! but have fun on the Rubicon:thumb:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Got the LED interior lights in. Well only 1 since they sent the wrong set:( but even with the 1 it's totally better!

IMG_9262.jpg

I'll post up better photos when I get the other one in.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Yesterday's run with the group help me decide I can't put of skid plates any longer.

IMG_9263.jpg

Also blew and air line to the front locker. Thinking about upgrading the stainless steel lines..[emoji51][emoji51]

Finally self clearance my exhaust too
IMG_9264.jpg

Top Bottom