The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Why did u go from Dynatracs to Currie axles?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

When I bought the 44/60 I thought 37s were as big as I ever wanted to go with tires and I was super excited about the set up,. My only issue was the 60 was a semi float. The more I started actually using my jeep and hitting the dirt and more importantly the rocks I started getting the itch for something bigger but i knew it was going to be AWHILE before i could get my hands on some 60/60 or even 60/80 Dynatracs and without bigger axles there was no way i was going to put 40s on my 44/60. However over the Christmas holiday I was sent a link from a good friend (as all good friends send links to jeep parts) on a killer deal on this set of 60VXR front and a 70 rear full float. Even more exciting it was being offered at a price for less than I could have gotten Dynatrac hardcore package at. In addition to this I have always like the Currie axles and me being me i decided to go a different route with my build and purchase the set of Currie axles

dillard09

So mike how many of those wheels you got mounted up on those 40s? Haha!
You working on them this weekend?
Going to measure and take those driveshafts in as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So mike how many of those wheels you got mounted up on those 40s? Haha!
You working on them this weekend?
Going to measure and take those driveshafts in as well?

Got my wheels earlier this week. Will post more pictures on Sunday when I mount them. Don’t have time until Sunday to do any of it:(

Once I have the wheels and tires in I’ll put Naboo in all 4s so I can measure the drive shafts and take them to get shortened.

I also have to get a new compress mount for under the seat since the new brake booster and master cylinder are too large:( probably one of bigger disappointments.

dillard09

So tomorrow is the big day! Going to be able to get 4 done so Naboo get off those jacks?
Not many people have commented that you will be riding on wontons and 40s. But I know I can't wait to see it! So get busy!

Benito

Caught the Bug
So tomorrow is the big day! Going to be able to get 4 done so Naboo get off those jacks?
Not many people have commented that you will be riding on wontons and 40s. But I know I can't wait to see it! So get busy!

40s and wontons is pretty cool, not going to lie. That XVR60 and 70 look massive compared to the regular RJ60 that i helped my buddy install. Does the 70 come with the 40spline shafts?

dillard09

40s and wontons is pretty cool, not going to lie. That XVR60 and 70 look massive compared to the regular RJ60 that i helped my buddy install. Does the 70 come with the 40spline shafts?
Yes it is 40 spline. And they are pretty massive compared to the pr60SF and PR44 he pulled out.

RockingK

Looking good👍

Mike,

Your Jeep is really coming along nice, can’t wait to see the 40’s on those beautiful Currie’s! :rock:

dillard09

Mike,

Your Jeep is really coming along nice, can’t wait to see the 40’s on those beautiful Currie’s! :rock:
Oh yes. He has some pics that he hasn't shared yet. Naboo looks awesome!
I'm not there right now but just got word that all 5 beadlocks are mounted on the 40s and they are under the jeep. Currently bleeding the brakes.
So it won't be long!
He also has to get his driveshafts shortened but might have just one trick up his sleeve to get Naboo rolling under his own power. Guess we will see if it works.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
This weekend was a big week for Naboo.

Want to give a special thanks to Bubba from Exodus Jeeps on the awesome hook up on wheels. Best price I could find and without question why i order from him and will continue to purchase parts through him. Got my wheels 4 weeks after ordering them![emoji1303]
IMG_0772.jpg

I dont like the polished ring so you know i had to do something about it.
IMG_0777.jpg
But couldn’t cover up the TR sticker!!
IMG_0793.jpg

Wayyyy to easy to mount. Took about 30-40 minutes a tire.
IMG_0794.jpg
IMG_0800.jpg

First night I only mounted 2 with the time I had but I had to put them in the Jeep to see what it looked like.
IMG_0797.jpg
He has grown a little
IMG_0802.jpg

Today I finished up the rest and got Naboo back on his legs. He is WIDE!!!
IMG_0809.jpg
Also got the spare in with a second person. IMG_0810.jpg
Looks like I wont be needing my rear view mirror anymore. Hahah[emoji23][emoji23]

All that is left to get him under his own power is drive shafts. Should be dropping them off to get shortened earlier this week.

Vinnielax

Excellent work! Looks great!

This weekend was a big week for Naboo.

Want to give a special thanks to Bubba from Exodus Jeeps on the awesome hook up on wheels. Best price I could find and without question why i order from him and will continue to purchase parts through him. Got my wheels 4 weeks after ordering them![emoji1303]
View attachment 292937

I dont like the polished ring so you know i had to do something about it.
View attachment 292940
But couldn’t cover up the TR sticker!!
View attachment 292941

Wayyyy to easy to mount. Took about 30-40 minutes a tire.
View attachment 292944
View attachment 292945

First night I only mounted 2 with the time I had but I had to put them in the Jeep to see what it looked like.
View attachment 292948
He has grown a little
View attachment 292950

Today I finished up the rest and got Naboo back on his legs. He is WIDE!!!
View attachment 292951
Also got the spare in with a second person. View attachment 292952
Looks like I wont be needing my rear view mirror anymore. Hahah[emoji23][emoji23]

All that is left to get him under his own power is drive shafts. Should be dropping them off to get shortened earlier this week.

Top Bottom