The Build of Talon and Lana

WJCO

Meme King
Today I was able to fit in a few tasks on Lana:

I picked up my front drive shaft from the shop and reinstalled it along with the EVO transmission skid. I also serviced the T-Case which is the last fluid change I needed to do before my trip. Lastly, I installed my new Bed Tred mats. I love the way they fit and installation took about 15 min.

Some pics of today’s progress as well as a
My unit bearing replacement from a few weeks ago. Also, a perfect example of how a leaky oil cooler adapter can make a swimming pool in the valley!

Those bed tred mats look great!

dhughes16

So I made it to Colorado Springs from Alaska late last night. The first part of the drive was a great ride but once I wandered into southern Alberta and into Montana where the interstates allow me to go over 65 mph I noticed I have pretty bad bump steer and a decent amount of give in the steering wheel (a lot more than our 2016 jku). I’ve checked everything I know how including adjusting the track bar one notch up on the raised mount and I evened out my tire pressure. Both of these helped a lot but didn’t eliminate it. On a smooth road it drives like a dream. But once I get into rough patches (Denver-Colorado springs for example) I feel like a freaking carpenter I’m sawing the wheel back and forth so much. After staring at it I decided that it’s probably the mixture of the Yeti track bar mount with the RK drag flip that has made the angles off just enough to mess with the handling.

I’m really just asking for feedback to make sure I’m not crazy, and then also some input on the extra given in the steering wheel? Thanks

Also, here’s some pics from the ALCAN

Image1556739691.797358.jpg Image1556739718.763686.jpg Image1556739739.446212.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Sounds like a great trip! Beautiful pictures [emoji106] I get that at times on rough roads or heavily warn roads. There is a section of highway even I get it pretty bad... I know Eddie did a video on the track bar and rough road sections not too long ago, I don’t know if that’s exactly what you need but might be in the right direction.

VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : WORKING OUT the WOBBLE - Rancho Front Track Bar Installation
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=56852

Last edited:

dhughes16

Sounds like a great trip! Beautiful pictures [emoji106] I get that at times on rough roads or heavily warn roads. There is a section of highway even I get it pretty bad... I know Eddie did a video on the track bar and rough road sections not too long ago, I don’t know if that’s exactly what you need but might be in the right direction.

VIDEO - JL JOURNAL : WORKING OUT the WOBBLE - Rancho Front Track Bar Installation
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=56852

Yeah I watched that, great video but it’s not really a wobble, it’s like the road grabs my wheels and yanks them whichever direction it feels. Sometimes it’s left, sometimes it’s right. Sometimes it’s left then right! I’ve been driving through New Mexico and Texas all day and the roads are fantastic. I haven’t had many issues at all. Still feel it from time to time but more tolerable for sure.

dhughes16

In other news:

I stopped to fill up near Wichita Falls, TX around 0230, I get
Back on the HWY, Jeep is driving great, for whatever I reason (I’m really bored and it’s about 0300 at this point) I hit the “system status” option on my dash. It tells me my front left and right turn signals are out. A few seconds later, my check engine light starts flashing. I pull over to the side of the road, try and pull a code. No code, just the notification for the turn signals and now the Jeep is running like shit. I exhaust all the options/checks I know to do, and call a tow truck. Luckily I was only 9 miles away from a dealership so that’s where I’m at now, with my dogs, until it opens in a few hours.

My guess is water in the fuel I just bought but boy do I hope I’m wrong!!!

wjtstudios

Hooked
That sucks. Years ago in my CJ I had the same thing happen if it is water in the fuel. It did the same thing, got me about a half hour from the station I filled up at and completely died. Hope that’s all it is.

Good luck!

jdofmemi

In other news:

Back on the HWY, Jeep is driving great, for whatever I reason (I’m really bored and it’s about 0300 at this point) I hit the “system status” option on my dash. It tells me my front left and right turn signals are out. A few seconds later, my check engine light starts flashing. I pull over to the side of the road, try and pull a code. No code, just the notification for the turn signals and now the Jeep is running like shit. I exhaust all the options/checks I know to do, and call a tow truck. Luckily I was only 9 miles away from a dealership so that’s where I’m at now, with my dogs, until it opens in a few hours.

That sucks anytime, and especially on a long trip far from home.

Best wishes on a quick and painless fix.

dillard09

In other news:

Well shit I hope you get it figured out! So what town are you in? That's my old stomping grounds! All my family is still around there.

dhughes16

Well shit I hope you get it figured out! So what town are you in? That's my old stomping grounds! All my family is still around there.

I’m in Henrietta. These people have been so freaking nice to me and my dogs. So far, they have a cylinder 1,3 misfire. As we know that can be a number of things. Let’s pray it’s not the cylinder heads [emoji51]

BaddestCross

I’m in Henrietta. These people have been so freaking nice to me and my dogs. So far, they have a cylinder 1,3 misfire. As we know that can be a number of things. Let’s pray it’s not the cylinder heads [emoji51]

A few months ago, I got a bad tank of gas that clogged up an injector. Ended up dumping some Lucas Heavy Duty Fuel System Cleaner into the tank and after driving for a few miles it broke loose and was fine. Dumped another bottle in the next fill up along with using Chevron Premium gas for 2 tanks just to be sure everything was cleared out.

When the injector was plugged it was throwing similar codes.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Jkratt

Bury it at the Jeep cemetery and it will rise again with a mean LS power plant.
At least it worked in the pet cemetery movie.

Sorry to hear.

jdofmemi

Pretty much all the cylinder heads in bank 1 are toasted.... Lana is dead [emoji22]

Sorry to hear that. Not the quick painless repair you were hoping for.

Yeah, I keep telling my wife the quickest way for me to get to her is just trade it in for a JL 🤷🏻*♀️

Well, what are you waiting for? Make lemonade out of your lemon.

Good luck, whatever you choose.

Top Bottom