The Build of Talon and Lana

dhughes16

I’ll spare all the details but basically because it happened on the road and I don’t even have a house because I’m between moves from Fairbanks to Columbus, GA my options were extremely limited. Long story short the real issue with Lana was that it was actually a JK and not a JL! So I fixed the problem lol....
Image1556920890.751608.jpg

I’m so mad I had to let her go but the alternative was not in my favor. Bright side is I get to start all over, with a Sport instead of a Rubicon [emoji17] but I’m really excited either way!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ll spare all the details but basically because it happened on the road and I don’t even have a house because I’m between moves from Fairbanks to Columbus, GA my options were extremely limited. Long story short the real issue with Lana was that it was actually a JK and not a JL! So I fixed the problem lol....
View attachment 326275

I’m so mad I had to let her go but the alternative was not in my favor. Bright side is I get to start all over, with a Sport instead of a Rubicon [emoji17] but I’m really excited either way!

Well the journey continues! I get the heartache over it. I hope to never let either of mine go.

Congrats on the new JL! Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

jdofmemi

Well, that's a good way to fix it.

Congratulations on your new JL!

May the rest of your trip be uneventful.

Brute

Hooked
That’s one hell of a road trip...I hate having vehicle problems on the road so far from home (and I’ve had them)...looks like you’ve got a reliable ride now though...

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear about Lana, really sucks it happened on the road. Nice job finding the silver lining, beautiful jeep👍

dhughes16

Congrats on the JL! Are you able to trade anything over from the JK? Tires bumpers and such?

Lol I kept my PSC fire extinguisher holder [emoji1554]

But I wish I would/ could have. Maybe they would’ve let me take some but realistically, I couldn’t have moved any of it. I had my Jeep packed so tight I could barely give the dogs a place to sleep. In hindsight maybe I could’ve grabbed the winch off but I was at the dealership from 4am to 7pm that day on about 1.5 of sleep lol my emotions were a little high and I was just ready to leave and I drove 550 miles that night from Henrietta, TX to Jackson, Mississippi.

I finally made it to my wife’s house yesterday and were going to relax at the beach all weekend which is nice for a Florida boy who’s lived in Alaska for 3 years lol Image1556990191.354995.jpg

dhughes16

As some of y’all may know, I wasn’t planning on buying a JL so soon. Because of that I have some questions that I wish I had already had the answers to.

1. Is the 3rd gen Dana 30 up front considered stronger than the one on the JK? (Only asking for general knowledge, not trying to throw 40’s or 37’s on it or anything like that)

2. I know the rubicon comes with a ~1” lift compared to the non-rubicons. I’m assuming this means that all the stock linkage is different than the non-rubicons to maintain the correct geometry. Then this means if I get something like the rancho 3.5” non-rubicon lift is it going to require all the adjustments that say a JK with the same lift height? (I know that any lift will change the geometry at least a little)

Top Bottom