The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Same question.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

missed that the first time. More in front than in the rear. It's an 1-1/2 or so in front. An inch or so in the rear. My daughter snagged the keys so I'll measure it when she gets back.

We adjusted it so that we had clearance everywhere when flexing and as is I'm not rubbing anywhere. And I'm only running 2" of bump stops in front. The Synergy mounts have the bumps sitting a little lower than the King mounts seem to.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
missed that the first time. More in front than in the rear. It's an 1-1/2 or so in front. An inch or so in the rear. My daughter snagged the keys so I'll measure it when she gets back.

We adjusted it so that we had clearance everywhere when flexing and as is I'm not rubbing anywhere. And I'm only running 2" of bump stops in front. The Synergy mounts have the bumps sitting a little lower than the King mounts seem to.

Thank you!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

Nice, I'm sitting about 1 5/8 all around but that's after a few adjustments. I am in the same boat as you with ride height. I wish it was a little lower then it sits now but I'm getting use to it. Your setup looks great!!!

Ddays

Hooked
I’m thinking half doors and a burnout holding a spam musubi...

Lol, the Musubi part I can handle. The other two are gonna have to wait for future upgrades.....

Looks great Jerry, some cool trail pics also. Glad to see your enjoying it after that long wait.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Ric - appreciate it!
Nice, I'm sitting about 1 5/8 all around but that's after a few adjustments. I am in the same boat as you with ride height. I wish it was a little lower then it sits now but I'm getting use to it. Your setup looks great!!!

Did yours settle in at all? I'll probably play around a little with adjustments before the Moab trip but I've got an awful good baseline to start with.
Unless you are in PA? [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nah, there are a few isolated spots/municipalities but for the vast majority of the state there aren't many issues.

Ddays

Hooked
Any updates? Everything going good and feeling good?

I was VERY happy with the whole setup. Honestly I don't think I'll change a damn thing. I've heard some guys say that coils ride better on-road but I find the opposite.It rides fantastic on the road and off. I haven't been able to do anything too fast offroad yet, so I'm curious to see how that goes. The new high clearance are gold. So nice not having to get hung up on those anchors. Articulation is great and so far all I'm running is 2" bumps. I'm really having fun finding out the new capabilities. :thumb:

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I was VERY happy with the whole setup. Honestly I don't think I'll change a damn thing. I've heard some guys say that coils ride better on-road but I find the opposite.It rides fantastic on the road and off. I haven't been able to do anything too fast offroad yet, so I'm curious to see how that goes. The new high clearance are gold. So nice not having to get hung up on those anchors. Articulation is great and so far all I'm running is 2" bumps. I'm really having fun finding out the new capabilities. :thumb:

Just got caught up on this. Your rig looks amazing! Congrats on getting all that done. Trail shots look dope... and thanks again for the shocks! 🤙🏽

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Just got caught up on this. Your rig looks amazing! Congrats on getting all that done. Trail shots look dope... and thanks again for the shocks! 🤙🏽

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thanks! You're gonna love those kings - they're awesome shocks. :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
So I just stopped down at the shop that did this install to BS with the guys and Matt - you'll see him in one of the pics here, gave me a flash drive with all of the progress pics he took. He did an awesome job and there are so many pics to look through. I'm just gonna drop the best 30 or so all at once that shows the progression without comment. I don't know about anyone else, but I love progress pics and seeing how shit gets installed on build threads.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom