The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
So cool seeing the transformation. Such a beast of a Jeep!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks Bill!

Sweet Jerry, that is awesome they did that. Rig is looking killer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Jeff - sorry I missed you last weekend

Forklift rated.

Lol, you know it! That'd actually be a funny badge

Okay... I gotta know, WTF is this?

So I had to swap Tcases and he made this doohickey to reach one of the bottom bolts. Lol, I actually forgot to post this pic after the pic you noted

wrench.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
I love seeing homemade tools... Your jeep is looking pretty rad, I'm super jealous.

Thanks bud. Hard to believe how far it's come. If someone told me what this would end up turning into and the shit I would end up doing, I would have laughed my ass off.

Ddays

Hooked
Your Jeep is a monster! Congrats on all the recent mods and upgrades!

Looks amazing! Congrats! [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

So damn nice!!! Very sexy jeep

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup, that's AWESOME![emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys. Like I said, I still find it amazing where I've ended up with this build. It's been so much fun with all of the different stages. I wish I would have gone to the coilovers sooner - they're just amazing.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Thanks for sharing Jerry. It really is awesome seeing all that goes into building one of these. Jeep looks awesome and is amazing to watch in person.

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks for sharing Jerry. It really is awesome seeing all that goes into building one of these. Jeep looks awesome and is amazing to watch in person.

Awesome pic bomb! People don’t realize how much work goes into one of these builds, and these pics are just a glimpse.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's the truth man. Stopping down almost every day you got to see how much work it really is. The setup took quite a long time as well, getting all of the clearances checked, the bumps at the correct heights, coils set, etc, etc. I capped it at 30 pics but there were about 150 he arranged on the flash drive.

The best part about this was that Matt had never worked on a Jeep before but as you can see, is well versed in fabrication. He took it on himself to watch videos, how-to's etc, etc and he got just as excited with some of the videos as I do. He didn't leave anything at "just good enough" - he made sure it was perfect.

Like these cool little slide keepers for the E-brake cables.

slides.jpg

matt.jpg

Awesome seeing the transformation! How is the new tcase??!

Lol, shhhhh. :dont_tell:
(so far so good)

I'm pretty sure we isolated the cause so now that it's taken care of I don;t anticipate any more issues with Tcases. Plus I'm ordering a new front half of the case so I can rebuild the one I have for a spare :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
LOL, Matt texted me this pic of thedrifter he's back working on and said full droop will never be the same for him

droop.jpg

Jsouder53

Hooked
Lol, shhhhh. :dont_tell:
(so far so good)

I'm pretty sure we isolated the cause so now that it's taken care of I don;t anticipate any more issues with Tcases. Plus I'm ordering a new front half of the case so I can rebuild the one I have for a spare :thumb:

Glad to hear it [emoji106]

jdofmemi

Great set of progress pictures Jerry. Gruff is really looking good. Can't wait to wheel with you.

Nice to see the progression. I wish I had a lift to make the job easier, but I'm doing it on jack stands. Harbor Fright ones at that.

I'm looking at this and thinking about how much I have left to do, and how little time I have now that I'm back to working 12+ hour days, six days a week.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Gruff is definitely looking awesome! I enjoyed looking through the progression pics. Lots of work for sure and it looks like you found a great shop to work with. Time to enjoy! [emoji482]

Ddays

Hooked
Great set of progress pictures Jerry. Gruff is really looking good. Can't wait to wheel with you.

Nice to see the progression. I wish I had a lift to make the job easier, but I'm doing it on jack stands. Harbor Fright ones at that.

I'm looking at this and thinking about how much I have left to do, and how little time I have now that I'm back to working 12+ hour days, six days a week.

With all that extra loot maybe coilovers? :brows:

Looks killer[emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thanks man!

Gruff is definitely looking awesome! I enjoyed looking through the progression pics. Lots of work for sure and it looks like you found a great shop to work with. Time to enjoy! [emoji482]

Thanks bud - it's been amazing so far. Can't wait to get out more. The trip out west is gonna be epic

jdofmemi

With all that extra loot maybe coilovers? :brows:

Thanks bud - it's been amazing so far. Can't wait to get out more. The trip out west is gonna be epic

Well, I would love to, but with the last 3 months having almost no billable work, I'm just trying to catch up. I'm already way over my Jeep budget for the year.

High clearance long arms next, and paired with coilovers if I can swing it. Hopefully next year if things go well.

Top Bottom