The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Decided to try these clamps out - thanks for the tip Trailhunter. :thumb:
I'm running a stock DL and my spare fits perfectly in this corner of the rear cage. Out of the way and I won't forget to pack it. I'll try this out & keep an eye on it here over the next couple weeks.

clamp.jpg

dl.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
That’s very cool. Hope you don’t need it, buts it’s there.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That's what I figured. Reminds me - I gotta go tape an allen wrench to it too. What a stupid design that is BTW. If you're gonna make a recess for a wrench like that at least make it a torx.

Ddays

Hooked
So Badger got a little love yesterday. Dynatrac 2" lift along with my old set of 37's from Gruff. Pretty straightforward. Was surprised how tall he got when it was all said & done.

I'm continually amazed how much of a difference the 8 speed auto makes in these. Ordinarily you'd definitely need a re-gear with 37's but with this 8sp the Jeep just doesn't care.
Between the 35's and now the 37's you really don't even notice the difference. Honestly this would be a good alternative to a V8 swap for a lot of guys if such a thing were available. :hmm:

lift 1.jpg

lift 2.jpg

lift 3.jpg

lift 4.jpg

lift 5.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Looks great Jerry, is the ride still good too?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, that's one of the reasons that I went with the Dynatrac kit. It rides as good as stock. Since this mt DD and the wife drives it a lot I wanted the on-road ride to be nice.

Looks awesome Jerry. What’s the plan for the Spare?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah, about that. At this point I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it. On one hand it'd be nice not having to worrying about it getting caught on ledges in Moab, but there goes the cargo space. And since this will be on 35's a lot I can still hang that on the factory mount so I don't need to spend a lot on a HD carrier. Getting close so I may just tie it down in the back for now....

benatc1

Hooked
So Badger got a little love yesterday. Dynatrac 2" lift along with my old set of 37's from Gruff. Pretty straightforward. Was surprised how tall he got when it was all said & done.

I'm continually amazed how much of a difference the 8 speed auto makes in these. Ordinarily you'd definitely need a re-gear with 37's but with this 8sp the Jeep just doesn't care.
Between the 35's and now the 37's you really don't even notice the difference. Honestly this would be a good alternative to a V8 swap for a lot of guys if such a thing were available. :hmm:

View attachment 350106

View attachment 350107

View attachment 350108

View attachment 350109

View attachment 350110

Looks great man, I couldn't agree more with the 8 speed and 37s. I'm rocking the 37x13.5 on the stock carrier right now but I don't completely trust it, and I had to remove rear bumper

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked

I like that - thanks. I watched Eddies vid where he used the LOD riser plate. Long term I'm not crazy about that but I guess I gotta decide if I'm gonna run 35's or these 37's as my daily. I'll see what my shorty wife thinks of getting in and out like it is now..

Looks great man, I couldn't agree more with the 8 speed and 37s. I'm rocking the 37x13.5 on the stock carrier right now but I don't completely trust it, and I had to remove rear bumper

Thanks! Yeah, I toyed with removing the rear bumper but for now I want to keep it on. I like the look better without but don't want to start tearing too much shit off before this trip.

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
I like that - thanks. I watched Eddies vid where he used the LOD riser plate. Long term I'm not crazy about that but I guess I gotta decide if I'm gonna run 35's or these 37's as my daily. I'll see what my shorty wife thinks of getting in and out like it is now..

Thanks! Yeah, I toyed with removing the rear bumper but for now I want to keep it on. I like the look better without but don't want to start tearing too much shit off before this trip.

's or

I don't love the bare bumper look either, mainly just did it to carry tire but holding out for an Evo fascia to be made for JL, to clean up the look

Top Bottom