The build/re-build of Gruff

That's what I figured. Reminds me - I gotta go tape an allen wrench to it too. What a stupid design that is BTW. If you're gonna make a recess for a wrench like that at least make it a torx.

You are the first person I have met that likes a Torx bit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MericaMade

So Badger got a little love yesterday. Dynatrac 2" lift along with my old set of 37's from Gruff. Pretty straightforward. Was surprised how tall he got when it was all said & done.

I'm continually amazed how much of a difference the 8 speed auto makes in these. Ordinarily you'd definitely need a re-gear with 37's but with this 8sp the Jeep just doesn't care.
Between the 35's and now the 37's you really don't even notice the difference. Honestly this would be a good alternative to a V8 swap for a lot of guys if such a thing were available

Looks good on 37s. Nice re-use of the tires!

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Really? Whats wrong with Torx bolts/screws? I have never stripped a torx head anything. Allen head on the other hand, yeah, lots.

I have broken to many torx bits at work it isn’t funny. Thank god for lifetime warranty with Mac/snap on/ matco lol

benatc1

Hooked
This is what I am getting
It looks well built and if at some point I’ll go up to 40s it should accommodate them

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I’ve seen it in person. It’s real nice.

View attachment 350136

Don't know much about Rusty's or this specific carrier, curious to hear more, going to get a carrier soon and was going to just get the EVO one and figure it out whenever 40s come into play down the road

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
So Badger got a little love yesterday. Dynatrac 2" lift along with my old set of 37's from Gruff. Pretty straightforward. Was surprised how tall he got when it was all said & done.

I'm continually amazed how much of a difference the 8 speed auto makes in these. Ordinarily you'd definitely need a re-gear with 37's but with this 8sp the Jeep just doesn't care.
Between the 35's and now the 37's you really don't even notice the difference. Honestly this would be a good alternative to a V8 swap for a lot of guys if such a thing were available. :hmm:

View attachment 350106

View attachment 350107

View attachment 350108

View attachment 350109

View attachment 350110

Looking good brah...but bite your tongue on the V8 swap...that’s unAmerican

Ddays

Hooked
The rustys is more finished in my opinion.

I agree. I'm not crazy about the EVO design.

Looking good brah...but bite your tongue on the V8 swap...that’s unAmerican

I said A LOT of guys, not all ;)

Yep I agree
I started a thread here some time ago Rusty’s vs EVO tire carrier. Guess I might be the first one to review it here

Hurry up dammit - I got at trip in 2 weeks!

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Badger is lookin real good with the lift and tires. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have broken to many torx bits at work it isn’t funny. Thank god for lifetime warranty with Mac/snap on/ matco lol

Badger is looking good grown up a bit👍.

It is great how the 8 speed makes up for the gearing to get you moving.

Looks good on 37s. Nice re-use of the tires!

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks all - appreciate it.

Steve - I'm really liking the ride of this Dynatrac lift. We'll see how it does offroad but I'm sure it'll do just fine. I like the fact that it comes with the shocks and for the price it's a good deal IMHO. Pair this kit with the Rubicon fenders and you'd be set for a long time.

benatc1

Hooked
The rustys is more finished in my opinion.

Good to know, I'll check it out
Yep I agree
I started a thread here some time ago Rusty’s vs EVO tire carrier. Guess I might be the first one to review it here

I'll see if I can find that thread, don't recall it. For all I know I probably commented in there though lol

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Finally got around to doing the deck for the rear seat recess and a few other things today. There are a lot of sweet aftermarket platforms but damn are they stupid expensive.
This one may not be as nice as those but it works out great. Love having the recovery shit, jack, D-rings, etc all under cover & out of the way. Also made a tether for the EVO carrier. This is the prototype and it works great. I'm gonna re-do the carrier this Winter so I'm going to make a cleaner version. Also finally installed the PRP harness. I know these aren't totally necessary but they really do hold you in place on steep obstacles and trails nicely. I rode in Dez's rig last year at Drummond and I decided then I wanted a set for occasional use.

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

tether 1.jpg

tether 2.jpg

prp1.jpg

Top Bottom