The build/re-build of Gruff

Your next project needs to be a chain hoist, or at least a block and tackle.
Then get a hook that will fit the center hole and grab, but be easy to remove.

You can mount it where it's convenient, then roll that cool dolly to it when needed.

Your next project needs to be a chain hoist, or at least a block and tackle.
Then get a hook that will fit the center hole and grab, but be easy to remove.

You can mount it where it's convenient, then roll that cool dolly to it when needed.

I thought about that but not sure how strong those trusses are. The garage is a pole building I built so I could add a beam across one of the corners. Hmmm, and just mount a block and tackle there and use my winch as the hoist.
Good idea - thanks for the suggestion!

Man, been a coons age since I did anything new to Gruff. I do have some new stuff in store over the next few months though. In preparation I made this dolly so I could move my other set of tires around instead of rolling the damn things all over the garage. I had some heavy maple slabs laying around so I bought some HD casters and threw this together.

View attachment 311761

All well and good until.....

View attachment 311762

That last tire was like this, man :cheesy:

View attachment 311763

Except I failed.

View attachment 311764

LOL, well at least all I have to roll around is one tire now.

:cheesy::cheesy: I threw my back out a few years ago and would not attempt that! Worst pain I had ever felt. Dolly idea is sweet. Maybe you can lift your tire into the jeep then back it up to that dolly THEN throw that fucker on it!

You need a forklift or a bobcat with forks, the bobcat would be cooler, one with tracks. I’ll spend your money for you

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL, I got a forklift but its stuck in my warehouse 45 miles away from my house. :grayno: I do need a medium sized farm tractor with a bucket - that's definitely on my acquire list. My current one doesn't have one. Life would be much easier with one of those!

:cheesy::cheesy: I threw my back out a few years ago and would not attempt that! Worst pain I had ever felt. Dolly idea is sweet. Maybe you can lift your tire into the jeep then back it up to that dolly THEN throw that fucker on it!

Hahaha, the stack is still too goddam high! This is worse than getting the tire on & off the EVO carrier and that's always an adventure in itself! I quit rotating all 5 tires - fuck that. Benefit is that I'll only have to buy 4 tires next time! ;)

So after leaving the Jeep the dealer called & said I needed to come to review the work that needed to be done:

This one caught me by a little by surprise!
View attachment 169786

Frame is pushed back 3" on passenger side

View attachment 169790

View attachment 169791

View attachment 169793

View attachment 169794

Both motor mounts were broken. Transmission mount broken as well.

View attachment 169803

Bottom line was that a new frame is going to be installed. Damage estimate just under 5 figures.
thats dope that you got a new frame :thumb:

ot around

Ordered up a set of new brake pads from Dynatrac a couple weeks ago and finally got around to changing them today. Boy o boy, I'm really glad I did this today. Another day or so and I would have been into the rotors for sure :crazyeyes:

brake 1.jpg

brake 2.jpg

Curiously, these are the rears. The fronts were fine & really didn't need changed for a while but I figured what the hell, do all four corners at once.

Last edited:
I have noticed that with the JK the rears always wear out faster. Must just be how mopar set up the hydraulics

Top Bottom