The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Ready to talk axles when you are!!

Already talking to Bubba. Gonna be done over Winter more than likely. I'm kicking around lots of options and have talked to a couple local guys as well. Oddly some of this is centered on wheels. The Chamber Pros have been discontinued but waiting on confirmation that they are zero availability. I'm also looking at options with what I have. I love my current set but don't know how practical it is to have them reworked to a 5x5.5 pattern. If I find out it's a dumb idea then I'm looking at 5 new wheels to start with. :crazyeyes: Once I get an idea and some good options I'll share them with you for sure :thumb:

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Slabs are discontinued too which puts me in the same boat. Part of my heartburn. Let me know what you learn because it has to be a winter build for mine as well. I’ll check with some guys too.

Ddays

Hooked
Have you tried getting Dynatrac to warranty them? I mean maybe if you show them your junk in yoga pants they will replace them?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

:hmm: Never thought of that angle. Even if they said no after that, I'd have the satisfaction of knowing they vomited & had that image seared into their brains.

They warranted the first one I bent but I'm out of the warranty with the axle so no dice. Jeep weighs too much, should have bought full float, etc....
Ironically their sales manager told me a couple years ago that they were working on somehow making the SF's stronger and if it worked out they'd
offer it up, but nothing seems to have come of that.

Ddays

Hooked
So, took a much needed day off and spent all day in the garage working on Gruff doing some much needed maintenance and updates.

I've had intermittent issues with my right rear wheel speed sensor for the past couple years and I finally had enough. I put a kill switch in so I could just cut the whole damn system off and not have to deal with it unless I choose to. It's not hard to do but you basically have to take out your interior apart to do it easily. I don't run with my rear seat anymore so I have a head start.

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

Man, I got really nervous when I was ready to cut the wire. I texted Bill (WJTStudios) because I knew he already did this and he confirmed which wire he cut soooo....

g3.jpg

It worked! I put the switch beside the e-brake so it's out of the way but still easy to reach if needed. I gotta say, it's so damn much fun doing donuts again! Haha, i got yelled at because the wife saw the field where I tore it up testing whether or not it worked. Stay tuned, burnout video in yoga pants coming up soon...

switch.jpg

Exodus 4x4

So, took a much needed day off and spent all day in the garage working on Gruff doing some much needed maintenance and updates.

I've had intermittent issues with my right rear wheel speed sensor for the past couple years and I finally had enough. I put a kill switch in so I could just cut the whole damn system off and not have to deal with it unless I choose to. It's not hard to do but you basically have to take out your interior apart to do it easily. I don't run with my rear seat anymore so I have a head start.

View attachment 333818

View attachment 333819

Man, I got really nervous when I was ready to cut the wire. I texted Bill (WJTStudios) because I knew he already did this and he confirmed which wire he cut soooo....

View attachment 333820

It worked! I put the switch beside the e-brake so it's out of the way but still easy to reach if needed. I gotta say, it's so damn much fun doing donuts again! Haha, i got yelled at because the wife saw the field where I tore it up testing whether or not it worked. Stay tuned, burnout video in yoga pants coming up soon...

View attachment 333821

Hahaha, that’s awesome! I’m ready next week to start working on a “better” fix for that.

Ddays

Hooked
Hahaha, that’s awesome! I’m ready next week to start working on a “better” fix for that.

LOL, I almost called you yesterday. I have a shopping list I want to run by you. :brows:

This is how real Jeepers fix problems.

Right? KILL IT ALL!

You had me till the very end [emoji51], the pictures are sufficient......

C'mon, you know you'll be checking back! :cheesy:

Will they be NFL themed yoga pants?

You know it! Steelers all the way.

Glad it all worked out!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks for the help Bill! Fun times can now be had.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Glad to hear that fix works! Thanks for the write up in case I ever have his issue [emoji106] looking forward to the video... not the yoga pants lol

Ddays

Hooked
Finished up installing a remote fused power supply in the cargo area over the weekend. Always seem to be needing more outlets back there so this 6 outlet block should do the trick. I used #6 battery cable to run from the block to the battery. Thinking of adding a 110 inverter back here as well eventually. I bought a bunch of these waterproof connectors off of Amazon for a couple bucks so I can quickly hook up or remove accessories.

power block 1.jpg

power block 2.jpg

First thing I finally hooked up was this Bluetooth reaview camera. I've had this damn thing for a year or so and finally can see behind me whenever I want. I can view it on both my iPad as well as my phone. Weird driving down the road seeing behind you in real time.

cam 1.jpg

Pretty cool

cam 2.jpg

Second thing I hooked up was my fridge. Since I don't have a lighter outlet in the rear of Gruff but do in Badger, I cut the cord and added these quick connectors so I can switch back and forth by unhooking the ends. I keep the lighter plug cord in Badger.

wires.jpg

fridge 1.jpg

An unfortunate side effect is my battery looks like some kind of maniac hooked all of this shit up. :icon_crazy: I gotta get this shit cleaned up.

battery.jpg

Top Bottom