The build/re-build of Gruff

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Yep, couple more steps & I'll be ready to go. You get started yet?

I did a thing last night. Started purchasing parts. I’ve got my list together minus wheel selection. Waiting on pokey there to be done doing anniversary things (kidding Bill) so I can get axles going.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I did a thing last night. Started purchasing parts. I’ve got my list together minus wheel selection. Waiting on pokey there to be done doing anniversary things (kidding Bill) so I can get axles going.

Gotta keep momma happy, axles are expensive....

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

All good man. Just messing. I’m in no hurry to drop the amount of money about to be spent on everything. I’ll just live through Jerry’s build and be happy.

JKbrick

What are all the little holes on the brackets? Strategic welding spots or strategic placement holes? I’m concerned with all your guys comments I’m quickly getting outgunned big time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

You said "axles". you doing both? not sure if I'm doing the axle next or the wheels. :hmm:

All good man. Just messing. I’m in no hurry to drop the amount of money about to be spent on everything. I’ll just live through Jerry’s build and be happy.

Have you decided on wheels yet?

What are all the little holes on the brackets? Strategic welding spots or strategic placement holes? I’m concerned with all your guys comments I’m quickly getting outgunned big time

That can be remedied very quickly! :brows:

And yeah, those are for plug welds. Also, you have to cut the frame to match the two square holes to allow a flag nut access to the lower control arm mounting bolts.

wjtstudios

Hooked
You said "axles". you doing both? not sure if I'm doing the axle next or the wheels.

Yeah, 60 front, shaved 13 bolt rear. This will be the third set of axles from Dan in two years including the scrambler. I’m done buying axles after this. Just need to chain myself to my desk to fund them.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Yeah, 60 front, shaved 13 bolt rear. This will be the third set of axles from Dan in two years including the scrambler. I’m done buying axles after this. Just need to chain myself to my desk to fund them.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I will be a matched pair to that. The wheels are the killer decision. You are set on yours right Bill? You chose yours too didn’t you Jerry?

wjtstudios

Hooked
I will be a matched pair to that. The wheels are the killer decision. You are set on yours right Bill? You chose yours too didn’t you Jerry?

I’m staying with Hutcherson’s. I still love the look of them.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked

Yeah, since Chamber Pros are no longer available I'm more than likely going with polished Trail Ready's with the slim ring.

Didn’t you already have long arms?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I did but at the time the high clearance rear mounts weren't available in the kit - they were the old style that catch on everything. Since I'm scratching all the itches here, I figured I'd just get the last one out of the way too. At last the arms are the same and all I needed was the mounts.

Ddays

Hooked

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

You two wild men going up to 40's? Hemi's?

JKbrick

You said "axles". you doing both? not sure if I'm doing the axle next or the wheels. :hmm:

Have you decided on wheels yet?

That can be remedied very quickly! :brows:

And yeah, those are for plug welds. Also, you have to cut the frame to match the two square holes to allow a flag nut access to the lower control arm mounting bolts.

Can’t be remedied on my budget!

Top Bottom