The building of Anvil II -- The Deuce

Ddays

Hooked
2 doors are really cool, but once you see just how convenient the 4 door is you'll love it! Looking forward to your build.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Sad the two door went but congrats on the new 4 door!

Also I loled at the winch and bumper comments! I ran that bumper for about 4 years. Not the best looking one but it did the job. Also yea I agree the qtech winch is crap but in the end it's better than nothing

That may have sounded a little harsh, too. Honestly, 2 or 3 years ago, I considered the same thing. After seeing other aftermarket bumpers (LOD, EVO, Poison Spyder, RockHard, etc.) in person, if I didn't have the money for a good bumper, I'd buy a Warn winch & a RockHard mounting plate, and run the stock bumper, until I had the coin for a high quality bumper. Those catalogs make products look good to a newb.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That may have sounded a little harsh, too. Honestly, 2 or 3 years ago, I considered the same thing. After seeing other aftermarket bumpers (LOD, EVO, Poison Spyder, RockHard, etc.) in person, if I didn't have the money for a good bumper, I'd buy a Warn winch & a RockHard mounting plate, and run the stock bumper, until I had the coin for a high quality bumper. Those catalogs make products look good to a newb.

Oh yea I'm not saying the winch and bumper are good at all but for a starter they are good. I had them both before I ever joined Wayalife so I didn't know any better.

notnalc68

1st official mod. Daystar Hood Wranglers. Small mod, but had a lot of hood flutter, and these things do the trick, on the cheap.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470851148.044065.jpg

notnalc68

I've got the same shit winch on my JKU. It's worked like a charm any time I've had to use it. For what it's worth...

I may have worded that rather strongly, but the bumper is for sure. It's thin and bent in front of the winch, and the powder coating is not good. That being said, it'll be replaced by a Warn, a little later. Just my opinion, and you know what they say about those! [emoji106]🏻

I may have worded that rather strongly, but the bumper is for sure. It's thin and bent in front of the winch, and the powder coating is not good. That being said, it'll be replaced by a Warn, a little later. Just my opinion, and you know what they say about those! [emoji106]

No worries whatsoever. I plan on running that Q9000 until it fails on me...and when that happens I already have my eye on the Warn Powerplant. In the end, we're all on the same page that Warn is THE leader in winches, no doubt.

Napalm

No worries whatsoever. I plan on running that Q9000 until it fails on me...and when that happens I already have my eye on the Warn Powerplant. In the end, we're all on the same page that Warn is THE leader in winches, no doubt.

Looks like i'll be buying this same winch by the end of the year if my used Warn search doesn't yield any results!

notnalc68

Just a planning update. Have to pay for a few other things, first, but this is what I'm looking at. Any feedback on these items will be appreciated!

Sliders:
LoD Signature Series Sliders

Skids:
RockHard 4x4 Oil Pan/Transmission Skid Plate
(Done)

Front Bumper:
LoD Signature Series Mid-Width Front Bumper w/ Bull Bar

Winch:
Warn M8000-s

Rear Bumper:
LoD Signature Series Shorty Rear Bumper w/ Tire carrier

Suspension:
EVO Enforcer 3"

AEV Procal

I'm probably going to run the stock Rubicon wheels with spacers and buy 35" tires. I'll regear from 4.10, a little later. I can't decide whether I want a door-linked tire carrier or not. Everything will go on in this order, probably, unless I find a steal on tires. I have some spacers, already, that will help clear the tires, temporarily, until I can get the Enforcer done. I really like the way the EVO coils ride, and from the feedback here, I know it's a good system.

Last edited:

Napalm

Just a planning update. Have to pay for a few other things, first, but this is what I'm looking at. Any feedback on these items will be appreciated!

Sliders:
LoD Signature Series Sliders

Skids:
RockHard 4x4 Oil Pan/Transmission Skid Plate

Front Bumper:
LoD Signature Series Mid-Width Front Bumper w/ Bull Bar

Winch:
Warn M8000-s

Rear Bumper:
LoD Signature Series Shorty Rear Bumper w/ Tire carrier

Suspension:
EVO Enforcer 3"

I'm probably going to run the stock Rubicon wheels with spacers and buy 35" tires. I'll regear from 4.10, a little later. I can't decide whether I want a door-linked tire carrier or not. Everything will go on in this order, probably, unless I find a steal on tires. I have some spacers, already, that will help clear the tires, temporarily, until I can get the Enforcer done. I really like the way the EVO coils ride, and from the feedback here, I know it's a good system.

Looks like a good starting point. Will look awesome!

notnalc68

Looks like a good starting point. Will look awesome!

Like you, I've seen enough guys running the Rubicon wheels with larger tires, and like them. I can't justify buying wheels, when the money can be spent somewhere else. Later on, maybe bead locks, or something with a rock ring, because I found out in Ouray, that rocks are hard on rims, even if you are very careful.

Napalm

Like you, I've seen enough guys running the Rubicon wheels with larger tires, and like them. I can't justify buying wheels, when the money can be spent somewhere else. Later on, maybe bead locks, or something with a rock ring, because I found out in Ouray, that rocks are hard on rims, even if you are very careful.

Agreed. I love the design of the new rubi rims and plan to run them for awhile. They work good and look even better with bigger meats. :)

notnalc68

Mine have what probably is curb rash on them, because it hasn't been off-road much, I don't think, but I can't see buying wheels just for looks. Now, if they were the Moab style, like a Sport S has, they'd have to go.

JeepJeep75

I see that you are looking at getting the LOD bumper/tire carrier. I have the one with linked carrier and I absolutely love it!! It's been on for over a year now, off roaded a handful of times and has even been bumped into by a phone-zombie in a tiny bimmer at a stop light. Not a single rattle or squeak or even the slightest problem. It does seep a bit of grease out of the bottom of the pivot pin but it's easy enough to clean.

notnalc68

I see that you are looking at getting the LOD bumper/tire carrier. I have the one with linked carrier and I absolutely love it!! It's been on for over a year now, off roaded a handful of times and has even been bumped into by a phone-zombie in a tiny bimmer at a stop light. Not a single rattle or squeak or even the slightest problem. It does seep a bit of grease out of the bottom of the pivot pin but it's easy enough to clean.

Now that I've seen several different bumpers, first hand, I really like LoD. I've just been unsure about linked carriers vs., unlinked. Thx

JeepJeep75

Now that I've seen several different bumpers, first hand, I really like LoD. I've just been unsure about linked carriers vs., unlinked. Thx

Yea, there is much debate about that. For me, I hate the way the stupid latch mechanism looks on the non-linked carriers. You have this super-beef looking bumper with an ugly harbor-freight looking latch that belongs on a cheap utility trailer. Personal preference I guess. I've personally never thought to myself, man I wish I could only open the tire carrier without opening the main tailgate. To each their own... [emoji6]

Top Bottom