The building of Anvil II -- The Deuce

gmb425

Just a planning update. Have to pay for a few other things, first, but this is what I'm looking at. Any feedback on these items will be appreciated!

Sliders:
LoD Signature Series Sliders

Skids:
RockHard 4x4 Oil Pan/Transmission Skid Plate

Front Bumper:
LoD Signature Series Mid-Width Front Bumper w/ Bull Bar

Winch:
Warn M8000-s

Rear Bumper:
LoD Signature Series Shorty Rear Bumper w/ Tire carrier

Suspension:
EVO Enforcer 3"

I'm probably going to run the stock Rubicon wheels with spacers and buy 35" tires. I'll regear from 4.10, a little later. I can't decide whether I want a door-linked tire carrier or not. Everything will go on in this order, probably, unless I find a steal on tires. I have some spacers, already, that will help clear the tires, temporarily, until I can get the Enforcer done. I really like the way the EVO coils ride, and from the feedback here, I know it's a good system.

I am on 3.73 gears and KO2 315/70r17 with a 3.6L. Regearing was at the top of my list after I got new wheels and tires. But after driving on the new tires and wheels, I am so glad I waited. For me it is very nice on the road with 3.6L, 3.73 and light 315/70r17 tires.

Napalm

Mine have what probably is curb rash on them, because it hasn't been off-road much, I don't think, but I can't see buying wheels just for looks. Now, if they were the Moab style, like a Sport S has, they'd have to go.

I gave up my perfect condition Sport S wheels for a set of rock rashed, scratched, small chunks missing rubi wheels because they were dirt cheap and I couldn't stand those wheels any longer :)

I figure it's great because I look like I wheel more than I do, and when I do wheel I won't be concerned about them as much as a spotless brand new set.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I am on 3.73 gears and KO2 315/70r17 with a 3.6L. Regearing was at the top of my list after I got new wheels and tires. But after driving on the new tires and wheels, I am so glad I waited. For me it is very nice on the road with 3.6L, 3.73 and light 315/70r17 tires.

On highway, 4.10 with 35's will probably be okay, where I live, but when I drove my 2 door out west, the 33's on 3.73 was a little weak on the highways, changing elevation. I'll regear it, one day. I'd rather buy more gasoline, & have it pull stronger.

notnalc68

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472324514.297710.jpg

Swapped out the black decals for these. I finally messed a decal up, after all the decals I've applied, so I'll have to redo the drivers side. Once I get over the vacations I took, I'll do some real mods. Next up...Wayalife decals!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
On highway, 4.10 with 35's will probably be okay, where I live, but when I drove my 2 door out west, the 33's on 3.73 was a little weak on the highways, changing elevation. I'll regear it, one day. I'd rather buy more gasoline, & have it pull stronger.

You will be just fine on 4.10 and 35's since you have the 3.6

notnalc68

You will be just fine on 4.10 and 35's since you have the 3.6

Cool beans. They wouldn't get changed for a while, anyway. Say, like if the lockers broke or something, then that may be PR44 time, depending on funds availability! [emoji13]

notnalc68

Thanks to Dale72. He hooked me up with a red Wayalife windshield banner, because he decided to run a silver one on his sweet, black Sahara!

Napalm

Thanks to Dale72. He hooked me up with a red Wayalife windshield banner, because he decided to run a silver one on his sweet, black Sahara!

I've actually been considering swapping to red WAL decals just for a different look... Maybe ;)

notnalc68

Got some new eyes today. I couldn't deal with the dim stock headlights, and with the days getting shorter, and the deer moving, I got a set of JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J headlights.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472955003.970285.jpg

I put in a horizontal adjustment screw, in case I needed it, because on my last Jeep, the Trucklites were a little cross eyed.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472955080.342468.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472955090.146979.jpg

Since the JKU seats are different than the seats in a 2 door, I put a Bestop lock box in, you know...to store the important stuff.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472955187.365709.jpg

Top Bottom