The building of Bison

wjtstudios

Hooked
Where there is a will...

Floor it is neutral, drop it in gear.... wait for the grinding sound, then immediately take it over to AMV to solve the problem with a 6.4. Yup, where’s there a will, there’s a way!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

A.J.

Thank you. When you get a chance, can’t you post up a picture of the tie rod/ram on yours. I just want to make sure what I want to do with the ram mount is correct.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I would but I am not running a ram. Just the big bore box. With the low scrub radius it works pretty good. There is a little work to do to set up the ram correctly. Ideally the steering box steering stops and ram should all have the same stopping point full turn to full turn. Others here would be better able to help you set it up. As far as a ram mount goes the axle should already have it so you will just need the correct size clamp style mount for the tie rod.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I would but I am not running a ram. Just the big bore box. With the low scrub radius it works pretty good. There is a little work to do to set up the ram correctly. Ideally the steering box steering stops and ram should all have the same stopping point full turn to full turn. Others here would be better able to help you set it up. As far as a ram mount goes the axle should already have it so you will just need the correct size clamp style mount for the tie rod.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had it all perfectly aligned on the other Fusion 60, but the knuckles are different on the kingpins and it changed from the way I had it mounty before. The axle mount is too low and the tie rod is hitting the Ram at full turn. I’m going to weld on anther tab higher on the axle to move the ram up so that it is parallel with the TR. thanks!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Elroy231

It's the mkind of thing that once you see one guy trying it really makes you wanna join the fun. Common sense is crucial at times. I've tossed it aside a time or 2 in pursuit of good fun tho. Been lucky I drove my jeep back a few times now. Upgrades are calling !!!!
Trying to keep up will be the key. Those guys are crazy and I’ll have to use a bit of common sense when they start trying to climb cliffs with their Jeeps.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
It's the mkind of thing that once you see one guy trying it really makes you wanna join the fun. Common sense is crucial at times. I've tossed it aside a time or 2 in pursuit of good fun tho. Been lucky I drove my jeep back a few times now. Upgrades are calling !!!!

For sure! Can’t wait to see where you take yours.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Elroy231

Right now it's just a vision. I did grab some genright aluminum fenders but my vision is hi line fenders. So my brother is gonna order me a set and take these. Plan to keep the lift around 4.5- 5 inches. Dana 44s on 37s but I want to clear 40s just in case. Lol. Wrap it in the essential body armor. Pretty sure I'm gonna use alot of jcr offroad components. Good quality and it's pretty local for me.
Matt isnt about to let me order some bullshit. Which I definately appreciate.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I had it all perfectly aligned on the other Fusion 60, but the knuckles are different on the kingpins and it changed from the way I had it mounty before. The axle mount is too low and the tie rod is hitting the Ram at full turn. I’m going to weld on anther tab higher on the axle to move the ram up so that it is parallel with the TR. thanks!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

First let me say the rig looks badass. Super impressed. Well done on the wheel choice.

I’m a little confused on what issue you are having though. I haven’t moved my axles in place yet but don’t get how the ram is hitting the TR? Is the mount down from the top of the axle? Guess I could also go look. Lol

wjtstudios

Hooked
First let me say the rig looks badass. Super impressed. Well done on the wheel choice.

I’m a little confused on what issue you are having though. I haven’t moved my axles in place yet but don’t get how the ram is hitting the TR? Is the mount down from the top of the axle? Guess I could also go look. Lol

With the tie rod mounted on top the arms on the knuckles puts the TR to high causing the ram to be at a downward angle from the TR to the axle and at full lock on the passenger side will bump the ram. The top of the two mounts is fine in that location. I’m going to burn on a new tab above that to have the ram and TR in plain verses out of square. I’ll grab a picture of it tomorrow

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Weebz

Caught the Bug
With the tie rod mounted on top the arms on the knuckles puts the TR to high causing the ram to be at a downward angle from the TR to the axle and at full lock on the passenger side will bump the ram. The top of the two mounts is fine in that location. I’m going to burn on a new tab above that to have the ram and TR in plain verses out of square. I’ll grab a picture of it tomorrow

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Seems pretty strange that They set the mounts up too low since it’s sold has a whole setup typically using their TR and ends. Not like it’s set for any random aftermarket setup

Top Bottom