The building of GR8WHITE2.0 aka The Silver Piece

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Same here, this thing is going to be one capable rig. And seeing how far he was able to push the stock suspension ride last week at windrock, I'll be bringing my popcorn in August to watch some of his runs.

I really need to make it down for that trip, 10 hours really isnt too bad.

GR8WHITE

So pumped to watch this one. Cant wait to see it stretched.
Im pretty excited to get it started myself. I'm really thinking about backhalfing it and doing a lot of tube work and maybe keeping the back of the body.
Same here, this thing is going to be one capable rig. And seeing how far he was able to push the stock suspension ride last week at windrock, I'll be bringing my popcorn in August to watch some of his runs.
Hopefully it'll be done by August. As Long as all parts come in its possible but I'm thinking about really taking my time and doing some serious tube work. Either do that or keep as much frame as possible and get the jeep done fast... We will see idk what I'm gonna do yet.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
The part buying has started. Ordered Tires, Ori's, atlas 4 speed, all heims for control arms, heims for steering, all bolts for control arms and struts, Trail Ready Beadlocks, and front Ruff Stuff Diff cover. The tires have already showed up and all the Ruff Stuff has shipped. The wheels, atlas, and struts are about 4-5 weeks out. View attachment 204057

Man! You ain't messing around! Can't wait to see this one! Subscribed!

thardy

Banned
I really need to make it down for that trip, 10 hours really isnt too bad.

Yes you should!! And grab Steve on your way!

Hopefully it'll be done by August. As Long as all parts come in its possible but I'm thinking about really taking my time and doing some serious tube work. Either do that or keep as much frame as possible and get the jeep done fast... We will see idk what I'm gonna do yet.

It damn well better be! I want a Grubb wheel off on Rattle Rock. Some of us have bets going. Honestly, I think yours AND Josh's might be finished before Scott's.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Yes you should!! And grab Steve on your way!

It damn well better be! I want a Grubb wheel off on Rattle Rock. Some of us have bets going. Honestly, I think yours AND Josh's might be finished before Scott's.

Lol rattle rock kicked my ass! I think of it more as a day or regression testing my warn. It passed lol. Maybe it will be easier on 40s this year but my buddies on 42s struggled big time so doubt it. It was very wet the day we tried which didn't help, no grip at all

thardy

Banned
Lol rattle rock kicked my ass! I think of it more as a day or regression testing my warn. It passed lol. Maybe it will be easier on 40s this year but my buddies on 42s struggled big time so doubt it. It was very wet the day we tried which didn't help, no grip at all

Other than a couple spots, Scott pretty much walked up the left side in the juggy on 40s. It will definitely be worse in a JK.

Grubbicon

Last week on the prerun I tried it in my Juggy on 40s. Went around half way with a few times winching and then bailed out onto the left side. Some massive holes in there and lot of big rocks to grab diffs.

Edit: I really think my JK will have no chance in hell but Im sure ill give it a try when its done.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Last week on the prerun I tried it in my Juggy on 40s. Went around half way with a few times winching and then bailed out onto the left side. Some massive holes in there and lot of big rocks to grab diffs.

Edit: I really think my JK will have no chance in hell but Im sure ill give it a try when its done.

Ya I had to try. Got up through the lower section, struggled but made it. Then the middle was like, thia isnt bad. Went around the sharp left hand turn to upper section and was like omg. About half way up the upper section we should have turned around but instead did the whole thing. Some places weren't bad but some were rediculous with the large holes. Unless yours running tires out past bumpers there was no choice but to winch.

thardy

Banned
Ya I had to try. Got up through the lower section, struggled but made it. Then the middle was like, thia isnt bad. Went around the sharp left hand turn to upper section and was like omg. About half way up the upper section we should have turned around but instead did the whole thing. Some places weren't bad but some were rediculous with the large holes. Unless yours running tires out past bumpers there was no choice but to winch.

Did you guys run trail 45 when you were there?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
When you guys going again? I remember you telling me awhile back. We are going to hit Harlan in August and with that and moab this year running out of vacation lol.

Sorry I'll quit sh*tting up the build thread.

thardy

Banned
Maybe??? Lol, we got tired of trying to navigate after awhile and just started looked for harder stuff. Is that the one that's just past the entrance to rattle rock?

Yeah. Once you get to the top of Rattle, go to the left and it's a hill climb down on the right. Left side isn't too bad but the right side has about a 5' wall to climb. Watched a guy in a built YJ with a Hemi just crawl up it.

When you guys going again? I remember you telling me awhile back. We are going to hit Harlan in August and with that and moab this year running out of vacation lol.

Sorry I'll quit sh*tting up the build thread.

We'll be there for the End of Summer Run at the end of August. Be awesome if you could make it.

Top Bottom