The building of knuckles

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sharkey said:
Nice. You ditching the liners?

Nope. Just pulled it all because I couldn't finish it. Hopefully everything goes back in!

BTW- why aren't you stopping by to lend a hand on your way home?

jktubby

looking good so far. If i lived closer to you, i would definately stop to lend a hand. I always enjoy working on vehicles :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
kludwig13 said:
I cant wait to see how the Enforcer does on the JKX!!!!

Me too! One thing I know for sure is that my jeep's capabilities far exceed its driver's ability! :cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
jktubby said:
looking good so far. If i lived closer to you, i would definately stop to lend a hand. I always enjoy working on vehicles :thumb:

Thanks! I've started to really enjoy it myself. Getting a little more comfortable doing things as well.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
When are you getting your sliders installed?

Steve's Loop and Rubicon in a few weeks are calling your name. ;)

MTG

Caught the Bug
When are you getting your sliders installed?

Steve's Loop and Rubicon in a few weeks are calling your name. ;)

Not sure yet. Have a local recommendation?

I'm taking Eddie's advice he gave to those on his Rubicon run...make sure everything is right and then don't wheel it before the trip. The last thing I need to is break something right before we leave. :naw:

Those runs will have to wait until after I get back.

GCM 2

I'm taking Eddie's advice he gave to those on his Rubicon run...make sure everything is right and then don't wheel it before the trip.

Definitely take this advice, no need to wheel it before the JKX. If its your daily driver like mine and Eddie's, you already know much of the issues or lack of issues that exist and what you have been needing to take care of. Spend some time on a creeper rolling around under your JK with a good drop light and at each corner (I do it before major events with the wheels off) going over all the major suspension bolts and steering components. If you don't already do this, get a paint pen and put quick reference index marks on your bolts to see if things move/get loose over time (see bolts in photo, yes I'm anal.). Get a grease gun and hit every fitting/zerk and then double bag that gun up and take it along for the trip with your tools and fluids (not cool when they leak in the jeep or storage container) Much of this was probably just me being Captain Obvious, but hey passing it on to you reminds me to do it ;)

Attachments

• image-1318761808.jpg
    image-1318761808.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 1,838

MTG

Caught the Bug
Definitely take this advice, no need to wheel it before the JKX. If its your daily driver like mine and Eddie's, you already know much of the issues or lack of issues that exist and what you have been needing to take care of. Spend some time on a creeper rolling around under your JK with a good drop light and at each corner (I do it before major events with the wheels off) going over all the major suspension bolts and steering components. If you don't already do this, get a paint pen and put quick reference index marks on your bolts to see if things move/get loose over time (see bolts in photo, yes I'm anal.). Get a grease gun and hit every fitting/zerk and then double bag that gun up and take it along for the trip with your tools and fluids (not cool when they leak in the jeep or storage container) Much of this was probably just me being Captain Obvious, but hey passing it on to you reminds me to do it ;)

Thanks! Nothing is obvious to me. :cheesy:

I have most of my bolts marked just like that...makes it so easy to do a visual inspection.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Not sure yet. Have a local recommendation?

I'm taking Eddie's advice he gave to those on his Rubicon run...make sure everything is right and then don't wheel it before the trip. The last thing I need to is break something right before we leave. :naw:

Those runs will have to wait until after I get back.

For welding those up? Lot's of places, but Adam's High Rolling or Samco are probably two come to mind and that you can get in easily with little lead time.

GCM 2

....... a pic of today's delivery!!

Dude, you are killing me with these badass rubber donuts! I so badly need new tires, I am rolling on four really great tire rope swings right now :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom