The building of "StormTrooper"

VADER JK

Yes, I have seen those before. Is that your jeep?

No it's not my jeep, the owner no longer has that decal on their though. My JK is black. I had thought about vadercon before in that font though. Just thought I'd show you since it's stormtrooper.

No it's not my jeep, the owner no longer has that decal on their though. My JK is black. I had thought about vadercon before in that font though. Just thought I'd show you since it's stormtrooper.

Gotcha. The jeep looks familiar to me, that's why I ask.

Alan30

Any issues with the Y pipe as far as the engine and performance. I've read some people feel to leave it alone do to flow concerns coming of the cylinder heads. The diameter is larger so that should make up for overall flow. Your thoughts:thinking:

Next mods were as follows...

I was quite disappointed with the poor quality and lack of piece of mind the Teraflex tire carrier provided me, so i sold that and upgraded to the AEV Tire carrier/ Bumper
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.24.32 PM.png

Trek Armor Seat covers Front and Rear. Great quality and i am very pleased with them.
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.44.58 PM.png

Trucklite Headlights and Anti Flicker Harness. These are a HUGE improvement over stock
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.44.42 PM.png

Received a set of Combat LED WD-02 pushing out 2,800 lumens. Got the pair and amber covers for cheaper than the price of 1 equivalent Rigid light. I used the Poison Spyder A-pillar mounts for the install
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.44.01 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.19.58 PM.jpg

Rugged Ridge hood latches to eliminate the annoying and slightly worrisome hood flutter
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.51.01 PM.jpg

And a chopped factory front bumper to make more room for the tires under articulation
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.51.22 PM.jpg

Last edited:
I was sick of looking at the crazy amount of wires cluttering my engine bay from the 2 A-pillar lights so i took it upon myself to make an "s-pod" thanks to the help of the following thread:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?13119-DIY-Spod-Waytekwire&highlight=spod+-waytekwire

Here are the results:

All the parts arrived from waytekwire and Daystar.
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.43.38 PM.png

Wiring everything up to the fuse/relay box
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.28.48 PM.jpg

Wiring from the Battery to the Circuit Breaker and into the Dash thru an opening by the brake pedal
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.29.14 PM.png

Daystar switch panel and green Daystar switches wired up and installed
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.34.52 PM.jpg

Finally got myself a WAYALIFE windshield decal
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.37.02 PM.jpg

Got a CB from my wonderful girlfriend for Christmas. Cobra 29LX with 3' Firestik Firefly
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.44.20 PM.png

Installed my Cobra 29LX using the Strike Force Zebra CB mount
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.39.34 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.40.17 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.40.33 PM.jpg

And last but not least, after a few months with the AEV tire carrier/ bumper, i decided it was time to sell it and purchase what i REALLY wanted

EVO corner armor and tire carrier!!!!
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.44.34 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.44.47 PM.jpg

A few days after getting the corner armor and tire carrier installed, my Trek top NX arrived
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.50.51 PM.jpg

Another gift from my girlfriend! EVO D-ring mounts, installed one but need to flush mount them still
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.50.32 PM.jpg

Made a trip to Walmart and decided to do the Platinum Burner Rock Light mod, very pleased for $18
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 2.45.06 PM.jpg

Here are a few photos of the jeep taken throughout its transformation this far

A little adventuring near Cleghorn
IMG_0146.jpg

Somebody decided to turn into my rear tire while going straight in a turn only lane...People suck! I was left with a couple tiny scuffs that rubbed out and a small dent that the EVO corner armor covered.
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0418.jpg

Here is a shot of a river crossing while attending the 2014 Kick-Off run! Thanks Eddie!
IMG_0876.JPG

A little bit of articulation at Wildomar OHV
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.50.05 PM.jpg

My first and only time being stuck in mud at Azusa Canyon
Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 11.51.40 PM.png

Another articulation shot on the frame twister course at Hungry Valley OHV
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 3.04.13 PM.png

Any issues with the Y pipe as far as the engine and performance. I've read some people feel to leave it alone do to flow concerns coming of the cylinder heads. The diameter is larger so that should make up for overall flow. Your thoughts:thinking:

Personally, i do not think it has effected performance at all. From what i understand, the factory Y-pipe and the AFE uses the same length of tubing so it shouldn't effect flow at all. I believe they make a Y-pipe that also removes the exhaust loop and I've heard that will effect performance and flow more than just the Y-pipe relocation. But even if it does effect performance, who cares.... It's a Jeep, not a sports car!

Great pics Sean! and at least you finally have the only tire carrier you should ever need now :thumb:

Absolutely! Far more pleased with the EVO carrier and skins than the Teraflex and AEV carriers. I'm not talking bad about the AEV carrier because they make great products and i would highly recommend it! AEV just wasn't for me as it limited fender choice and tire size too much. Teraflex just sucked and it is unlikely that i will buy another Teraflex product unless its something simple like their mud flaps

Armydog

Very nice truck, these are not the droids you are looking for...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

One more thing i need to install. Waiting on air lines and some free time

ARB twin compressor using the Carolina Metal Masters under seat mount!
benaha5a.jpg

naja7e2u.jpg

HILLZ

Hey man, Rig looks awesome!
can you get a few shots of the twin air setup once you got it installed, same thing i'm thinking of doing and also how much noise it creates in the cab when its running.

don't you think its about time you chopped up those factory flares?? hahaha

Hey man, Rig looks awesome!
can you get a few shots of the twin air setup once you got it installed, same thing i'm thinking of doing and also how much noise it creates in the cab when its running.

don't you think its about time you chopped up those factory flares?? hahaha

I will do that! I've had the compressor since Christmas but have yet to install it, I'm really lagging on it. I was going to cut my fenders yesterday but something else got in the way, soon!

Top Bottom