The Building of the Banana Jeep

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
It's been a minute since I've been on here. Not much going on with the jeep lately, just love wheeling it. Last trip out I blew up the clutch. Hopefully getting that replaced sometime soon.

IMG_2470.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Finally fixed my Jeep! While I really enjoy driving it, it’s got an uncomfortable ride... no AC in the summer... soft doors, so it’s loud as hell. It’ll be nice trailering to and from the off road park. I did my first test tow with a UHaul trailer a few weeks ago to fix my Jeep. Fixed it at a buddies shop, and took way less time than I thought. THANKFULLY, my flywheel wasn’t toast. It’s a dual mass flywheel that would have cost about $450 to replace....

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

I could have got at LEAST another few thousand miles out of this clutch ;)

IMG_2882.jpg

And finally, all fixed and moving under its own power.

IMG_2871.jpg

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
It's been a minute since I've been on here. Just get busy with life sometimes. Since I've been here last, I bought a trailer. I wanted a nice new Hull trailer, but with a bathroom remodel and a couple big medical bills, I decided I would buy a used trailer until I save up my pennies. Bought it from a buddy for a great price. It's not pretty but it pulls straight as an arrow. I ordered 4 new wheels that are matching, and might put a coat on paint on it someday. I've pulled the Jeep a few times with it, once to Kansas and it does awesome on the road. I'm really happy with the Tundra as well, that 5.7 iForce V8 is no joke. I miss my Tacoma but it's so much more comfortable trailering the TJ. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm enjoying it.

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Got hung up in the mini rock garden and did quite a number on my Fishbone Off-road rear fenders... time to upgrade.

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

And got new wheels and tires for the crawler hauler.

IMG_3447.jpg

Volunteered to work an event with the Jeep driving people to/from a starting line (runners). We decided to have a little fun waiting.

IMG_3442.jpg

Top Bottom