The Butters JK Build

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Yeah I was pretty sure it wouldn't affect handling like front end caster, but I didn't know if it would cause other geometry issues. I flexed it a little with the jack and the pinch seam is pretty close, but I think it'll clear. I may look into some upper adjustables...

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Well it's driving great today! :wings: I don't like how far forward the axle is though so I ordered some rear upper adjustables today.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
OK, so I got the upper adjustables in and re-aligned everything a little farther back. I put a raised trackbar bracket in too while I was at it.
RearUpperADJ.jpg
RearADJarms.jpg
All of the angles look good and I'm getting no vibrations. The only thing that concerns me now is the trackbar bracket is awful close to the rear shock...
TBshock.jpg
TBshock1.jpg
I'll have to keep an eye on it and look for witness marks. I may shorten the uppers a tad to pull the bracket forward and see if my driveshaft complains. Either that or grind away a little off the corner of the bracket...

All-in-all it's been driving better than ever. Except for the shit gearing that is LOL :blush: My old 4 cylinder could accelerate faster than this :cheesy:

I-Eat-Mud

Yeah it went like it usually does... Those kinks worked out, but now I'm having ABS/ESP issues. Oh well, it drives fine just no ABS. It'll take more than that to stop me from going to Moab!

What kind of ABS issues are you having? I’m about to replace a sensor; I think I broke it when my knuckle blew off last time wheeling. I already changed my clock spring (was having some other strange issues that fixed, but abs light persisted) I really hope it fixes my issues. If it’s just a sensor for you it’s a real easy cheap fix.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
What kind of ABS issues are you having? I’m about to replace a sensor; I think I broke it when my knuckle blew off last time wheeling. I already changed my clock spring (was having some other strange issues that fixed, but abs light persisted) I really hope it fixes my issues. If it’s just a sensor for you it’s a real easy cheap fix.
Yep, I overnighted a rear sensor (it was the only one that looked beat up) and put it in before we left. In CO now and no more ABS issues so far.

My hood did almost fly off though when a hold down snapped on the highway. That was fun.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Yep, I overnighted a rear sensor (it was the only one that looked beat up) and put it in before we left. In CO now and no more ABS issues so far.

My hood did almost fly off though when a hold down snapped on the highway. That was fun.

Oh shit! Bet that was thrilling!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Oh shit! Bet that was thrilling!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah, needed a change of shorts. The hood came up a good 8 inches before the safety latch caught.
Clean break down the middle.
IMG_3209.jpg
Couldn't find the pieces that flew off, so had to improvise until I could get to a parts store.
IMG_3210.jpg
Then still more improvising even after finding an OEM replacement.
IMG_3362.jpg
New more permanent solution:
IMG_20180527_112252.jpg

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Love it! Glad to see you talked your dad into going to the desert, if I remember correctly he said desert wasn't his jam.

What trails did you hit?

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Love it! Glad to see you talked your dad into going to the desert, if I remember correctly he said desert wasn't his jam.

What trails did you hit?
Yeah, he's not a fan of the heat and sand, (me either really) but he was a huge fan of the trails! The weather wasn't too bad either, it even rained twice!

We did Fins and Things, Hells Revenge, Poison Spyder, Top of the World, Metal Masher, part of Golden Spike and part of Sovereign 4x4. It was a full week, but plenty left to do next time ;)

Top Bottom