The Butters JK Build

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone, I'm really liking the new look too :)

Looks great dude! Those rock knobs are the SHIT!! I absolutely love them!!! Are they one-off's?

http://www.rocknob.com You can buy them from a few different places. Each one is unique, real river rocks. I think I got mine on Quadratec. Had them on my YJ too, awesome feel in your hand.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Muffler Heat Shield

Advice? Posted this up in another thread, but it's from 2014 so I thought I'd stick it here too.
What did you end up doing with this? I'm having that issue now. I thought I would just put some big washers over the bolts, but once I got under there I saw that may not be an option. I couldn't get the nuts off to save my life. Maybe just drill new holes with new longer bolts? (sprayed them with PB, that's why they're wet)
heatshield1.jpg
heatshield2.jpg

Last edited:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
EVO Disconnect

Getting closer!
rubiSB.jpg
Previous owner cut off the bar for the rubber stabilizer that was attached to the bushing retainer; $67 to replace :eek: Going to see if I can get some help to weld the bar on somewhere. Then I wouldn't have to drill out the disconnect to flip it (to clear the 1/4 pounder), we'll see.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
New Front Sway Bar

RubiSBEVO.jpg
RubiSBEVO2.jpg
RubiSBEVO3.jpg
Going to switch out the hanger next week to get a little better clearance on the disconnect.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
New U-Joint

Swapped out the driver's side axle shaft U-joint. Had a little trouble, so I started a new thread. Got it up and running in the end though!
ujoint.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
EVO Oil Pan Skid

Before:
oilBefore.jpg
After:
oilAfter.jpg
oilAfter2.jpg
Also got my tires balanced and flushed my brake fluid:
shop.jpg shop2.jpg

Last edited:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Fixed the rear sway bar bolts and put it back in. Also repainted my transfer case skid on a whim, turned out pretty good :)

Attachments

• 1472955977918.jpg
    1472955977918.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 1472956049591.jpg
    1472956049591.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 256

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Antifreeze/Coolant Flush

Got a little paranoid about the coolant in Butters so I did a flush... and another, and another, and another...
1st Flush:
coolantFlush.jpg
coolant.jpg
2nd Flush:
coolant2.jpg
3rd Flush:
coolant3.jpg
The 4th flush finally started to look like water, but I got tired of taking pictures since it was taking all day.
Then did a final flush and filled it up with some good 'ol HOAT.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Out of curiosity, and because I am debating on how I want to mount mine, what did you mount your hi-lift jack with.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Out of curiosity, and because I am debating on how I want to mount mine, what did you mount your hi-lift jack with.

Chain link fence hardware and a steel bar between the roll bars. Started with too-thin metal and put some 1/4" scrap in as a spacer...
jackMount.jpg
No rattles, really sturdy. I'm considering using something a little stronger between the roll bars, but it works well as is.

Stotch

Caught the Bug

Just to add, I would highly recommend an INTERIOR mount. No one wants to use a rusty, muddy jack... or pay for a neoprene cover that costs half as much as the jack and looks worse than the jack :rolleyes2:

Stotch

Caught the Bug
EVO Plush Rides

Put some 2" EVO plush rides in the front last night. (Thanks Dirk!) I got a little over 3" lift, it leveled Butters out nicely and rides great so far.
EVOPlushVSJKUR.jpg
EVOPlushHeightBefore.jpg
EVOPlushHeight.jpg
EVOPlush.jpg

Top Bottom