The Butters JK Build

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Battery

Well, after jumping Butters five times I finally made it over to the auto parts store. The battery was totally gone, so I put this bad boy in:
Optima.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Time for a Winch!

Well, I got tired of watching craigslist for the perfect used Warn so I picked up this Superwinch Tigershark 9500 lb with synthetic rope for $420. With as little as I'll be using it, it should last me until I can afford a brand new Warn. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky and this one will last as long as I need it!

winch.jpg

Superwinch.jpg

Molly.jpg
Her favorite seat in the house when I'm working on the Jeep.

swampdog

Well, I got tired of watching craigslist for the perfect used Warn so I picked up this Superwinch Tigershark 9500 lb with synthetic rope for $420. With as little as I'll be using it, it should last me until I can afford a brand new Warn. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky and this one will last as long as I need it!

View attachment 227521

View attachment 227520

View attachment 227519
Her favorite seat in the house when I'm working on the Jeep.

I sure hope it works out the way you hope it does, but that logic is pretty foolish and dangerous. You won't need the winch until you really NEED the winch, and I wouldn't put my trust in anything other than a Warn.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I sure hope it works out the way you hope it does, but that logic is pretty foolish and dangerous. You won't need the winch until you really NEED the winch, and I wouldn't put my trust in anything other than a Warn.

I hear ya, really I do. I just couldn't swing the extra $400 right now (or $100 for steel) and I'd really like a winch when we drive to NC next week. Gonna hit Windrock on the way with just the wife and I and although there may be people around to lend a tow, I don't want to bet on it.

swampdog

I hear ya, really I do. I just couldn't swing the extra $400 right now (or $100 for steel) and I'd really like a winch when we drive to NC next week. Gonna hit Windrock on the way with just the wife and I and although there may be people around to lend a tow, I don't want to bet on it.

I got my warm M8000 for $500 after the rebate and couldn't be happier with it so far. Regardless, I hope it works out for ya man.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I got my warm M8000 for $500 after the rebate and couldn't be happier with it so far. Regardless, I hope it works out for ya man.

Thanks, me too. I might've done the M8000 for that price, but I couldn't get it this week (more like $590); and the VR isn't much better than the Superwinch.
I can always upgrade later and put up the Superwinch on CL :)
I'll be sure and share the story for you if this fails catastrophically at the worst time (which it might!) so you can rub it in ;)

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Rear OME 2.25" coils

I put in some new rear coils a couple of days ago:

JKUR/OME
coilsOME.jpg

Before, JKUR with coil spacers
beforeOME.jpg

After, OME 2.25"
afterOME.jpg

I was hoping it would ride about the same height, but it was about an inch taller. I think they've settled down a little lower now though. I'll have to get another compare picture soon. The ride is a little smoother though. Now I just need some better shocks to pair with it all...

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Stabilizer Relocation and Bent Tie Bar

Last time I was out I came down off a ledge a little hard and hit my tie bar and stabilizer. It knocked the end of the tube off my new bilstein, but thankfully it all snapped back together and is working fine. I decided to relocate it above the tie bar now:
tiebar.jpg
tiebar2.jpg
Everything is working fine, but after getting a closer look I'm pretty sure my tie bar has a bend in it now :grayno:

Top Bottom