The Butters JK Build

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Looks good[emoji106], welds look good too. Were you careful around the upper balljoints, not to heat them up to much?

Thanks! Yeah, I put wet towels on it and alternated top/bottom small sections at a time. Hopefully I was patient enough not to damage them :D felt like it took forever though!

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Shox and Fenders

Did a couple of things this past week.
Fender Chop:
fenders.jpg
Fox Shox 2.0 Performance Series (+ EVO Mini Liners, 'cause why not)
shoxFront.jpg
shoxRear.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Lookin good! How was Flat Nasty? I want to get down there one of these days.

Thanks!

It was a good time. Not a real large park and about half of the park is out of my league, but definitely worth going to for a one day visit. If you had a purpose built crawler/rock bouncer you trailer-ed there it looks like it'd be a blast! This is a photo of "Get it Billy!" and as you can kind of see the rocks are as big as my Jeep and the grade got crazy steep toward the end, not to mention ground level would be well above your head.
GetItBilly.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Had some leaking on the rear differential after Flat Nasty at the bottom of the cover and I've been having some seepage on the passenger side plug weld too. So I drained it:
diffLeaks.jpg
Cleaned it, scraped it and the cover looked fine, so I put it back on with some new The Right Stuff gasket maker.
diffOpen.jpg
Cleaned up the leaky plug weld and took a look.
plugLeak.jpg
Filled it in as best I could, then ground it down flush-ish.
plugFilled.jpg
Then sprayed some high heat flat black paint on it.
plugDone.jpg
Two days so far and no more leaks!

Top Bottom