The Chronicles of JeepFan and GemHunter

As much crap as you get for the clean jeep, you had to know it was coming when you're cleaning parts that no one even sees :cheesy:

Lol. It was a good day to get caught up on my Jeep chores. After replacing the anti-rattle clips on the rear brake pads (for the hundredth time) and rotating the tires, I decided to call it a day.

I suppose this is the way to do it. I think Moby will be up on the rack for at least 2 weeks while I address a host of things :blush:

As much crap as you get for the clean jeep, you had to know it was coming when you're cleaning parts that no one even sees :cheesy:
Lol! I guess I deserve it too. One day I may start a thread on how to clean a Jeep so people can see how crazy I really am...

JeepFan was the dirty rag from cleaning the inside of the throttle body? If so we should all probably do this! Or was it all from the outside [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Great question! I sprayed the rag with throttle body cleaner and that's how much carbon buildup came off the backside of the throttle plate after wiping.

I lightly sprayed the throttle body bore and throttle plate with cleaner and scrubbed it with a tooth brush until it was completely clean.

Disconnect the battery before removing the throttle body. When cleaning it, you have to be extremely careful not to let cleaner get into the electronics. Spray lightly and and use a rag to soak up excess cleaner. You can also spray cleaner on a rag and wipe the inside out to remove all carbon buildup.

I do this about every 30000 miles.

Keep in mind there is a rare possibility the throttle body will have to be recalibrated after the cleaning. Only the dealer can perform the calibration. I have never had to have the calibration done but your mileage may vary.

Your Jeep JK key can be used as a gas pump trigger lock. [emoji41]

View attachment 241130

Gahh the dreaded trigger lock removal at Pearsonville. I remember when the county removed them all so I drove the 18 miles north into Inyo Co just so I didn't have to hold the nozzle. lol

Cool to see the dusting of snow. Always loved this time of year in the desert.

You guys and your fancy JKs that can even use trigger locks. My TJ won't let me put much fuel in before it clicks off. It's a Jeep thing... :rolleyes2:

Lol. It was a good day to get caught up on my Jeep chores. After replacing the anti-rattle clips on the rear brake pads (for the hundredth time) and rotating the tires, I decided to call it a day.

I have a garage that needs a visit. [emoji6]

Top Bottom