The DREAD for RED Loctite?

Aceisback

Hooked
If those folks think Red is tough to work with then I would hate to hear them after having dealt with Green or Yellow. In 38 combined years of Marine Corps and Civil Service duty with Ordnance Equipment/Vehicles, and Heavy Mobile Equipment, we used gallons of Blue and Red. Blue came undone with normal hand tools, Red with heavier duty tools such as a breaker bar, Green usually required heat and/or impact tools. On occasion we tore in to shit that had Yellow on the threads that required summoning demons and Gods to help bust loose.
But Red is what’s always in my tool bag/box.

CalSgt

Hooked
Regarding the typical internet expert, do you really think they would even know where to buy something other than Permatex or Loctite?
I’d gamble that the fear of Loctite greatly predates the interwebs and has been passed down generationally however, the interwebs has provided an avenue to spread said fear by the younger generation.

IDK… just a guess lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’d gamble that the fear of Loctite greatly predates the interwebs and has been passed down generationally however, the interwebs has provided an avenue to spread said fear by the younger generation.

IDK… just a guess lol
LOL - I think you're right on about that 🤪

Brute

Hooked
Having worked on life support equipment in the diving industry for 30 years, blue loctite was the industry standard for 90 percent of thread adhesive use. Heat cannot be used on the majority of fasteners that are subject to high pressure to remove them. However, I think only have red loctite in my jeep tool bags…

Top Bottom